Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject** Television Thursday ** ©
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13144230
13144230, ** Television Thursday ** ©
Posted by placee_22, Thu Apr-13-17 08:54 AM
It's been a while, I'll try to remember what I've seen in the last month.

Showtime:
----------

Homeland - this was quite possibly the best season. Certainly the best season since the 1st season.

Billions - I'm behind, but season 2 has been good so far

Guerrilla - coming this Sunday. Looks like it'll be really good.

HBO:
-----

Girls - I'm so glad it's at the end. This season has been pretty good tho.

Crashing - Really solid 1st season.

Others:
-------

Blackish- still truckin; still funny

Greenleaf - solid 2nd season so far.

The Detour is funny as shit and is one of my favorite shows. The season 2 finale was a lil' extra, but I enjoy each episode.

The Walking Dead - I'm about done. I'm watching to see it through at this point.

Chewing Gum - Season 2 was good. THE highlight of the season was when Tracey healed my man Ola out on the street. That shit had me rollin. Oh, and Boy Tracey, of course, killed it. Cynthia is my fav tho.

I'm sure I forgot something. I'll be back.
13144236, Expanse is fucking fantastic television
Posted by BigReg, Thu Apr-13-17 09:02 AM
The first season is a bit rocky because the first half throws a bunch of shit at you with a bunch of separate and seemingly boring story lines. Towards the last few episodes they cut all the fat and becomes great and that streak hasn't stopped even though they about to wrap the second season.

Some shit happened last week where I was on the edge of my seat 'Game of Thrones' style wondering what type of fucked up shit might happen next and I was sold. The highlight of my night tonight is gonna be catching up on last nights episode.

13144237, Billions, Blackish, and Greenleaf...
Posted by Creole, Thu Apr-13-17 09:03 AM
Billions is otherworldly right now. Chuck, Axe, and Wags are killing it. Great tv to watch on a Monday morning before coming to the office. I do my best now to be in the bed and sleep by 10. So, I watch it the next morning.

Blackish is still rollin'. Been a very nice season. Dre is the weakest link to me though.

And Greenleaf is far greater in quality than it was last season. By next season, they may really be on to something.

Just watched the second season of The Get Down. It was fairly enjoyable. The way it closed out for Zeke and Mylene was pretty cool. Would be nice if they ended up with some sort of spin-off just so folks can see how they resolve a long-distance friendship/courtship and whether or not they're able to live happily ever after as one.
13144251, Riverdale is far more entertaining than it has any right to be
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Apr-13-17 09:19 AM
when i first heard they were making an Archie show i laughed my ass off cause Archie corny as fuck.

but you put some CW magic on it and suddenly Archie is cool as fuck. at pretty much every turn the most dramatic thing possible goes down.

and the women on that shit good lawd.