Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMy thing is that without sufficient education or access to culture
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13128897&mesg_id=13129358
13129358, My thing is that without sufficient education or access to culture
Posted by mellowboogie, Sun Feb-26-17 06:21 AM
and an honest

Noone is allowed to have an honest conversation because the world has become too PC.

The left are like 'let everyone in, we're all equal, we all bleed the same color blood' and the right are like 'they're too different, this country belongs to us, fuck off you liberal annoyances'

Do I support immigration? Absolutely, I think it can be wonderful, socially enhancing, economically productive and just better over all to have a society that's doesn't do things one way.

But there has to be room for an honest discussion about fear, and why the fear is there in order for it to move forward with better support from the majority.
A bunch of rich 'hippy' white kids living in middle class areas with the best access to education screaming 'let them in' isn't always a realistic model for some people.
If subjects like anthropology, sociology and cultural studies were being taught in secondary schools with access to information about how other cultures really live, not just what we see in movies or in the news, there would be a much better acceptance of immigration.

But people have to be able to voice their fears without being attacked or it's always going to be an issue resulting in extreme defensiveness and irrational arguments.

It just feels like there's no middle ground, it's 2 extremes not listening to each other.