Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHell yeah I'd call that shit out and shoot an email to corporate
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13103552&mesg_id=13103589
13103589, Hell yeah I'd call that shit out and shoot an email to corporate
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-08-16 02:26 PM
I worked at a Del Taco when I was about 20 and they did all kinds of nasty shit. They would drain the oil from their taco salad shells on a fucking cardboard box sitting on the floor.

I burnt my wrist on the quesadilla machine and told them we needed to switch out the machine or shut it down long enough to clean it and they said NOPE. Keep that shit moving. They spit some bullshit about how the heat would kill any bacteria. That shit melted the skin on my wrist and I still have a scar from it and they cut my hours to nothing when I asked if we should file some kind of injury report.

Later I worked at a Burger King where the manager would send everyone home but the drive through and two of us to work the back from 6-8, before sending the second person home. This was done to keep the ratios down and make her numbers look ridiculously good.

She had us do closing procedures during the dinner hour so that we'd lock the doors and turn off the lights the second the drive through closed. Since we had to wash our hands after, say, sweeping or taking out the trash, she demanded that we cut out the hand washing to make sure we kept those drive through wait times down. Another employee got burnt by some oil and they cut her a $600 check not to file a report.

All that is to say that when you see small things like the scenario in the OP it's possible that it's indicative of a broader culture of cutting corners. shooting that email to corporate might seem like some entitled white lady demanding to speak to the CEO over some petty bullshit but that feedback is what drives corporate to fix problems on the ground floor, especially in this social media age.

They'll thank you for your input and probably shoot you a freebie. Whether they actually take action is anyone's guess but I'm betting on a solid batting percentage.