Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwhat would you do: the fast food edition
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13103552
13103552, what would you do: the fast food edition
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
you're in line at Popeyes and you watch a customer walk up to the counter with a chicken wing sititng in a little tray. the customer has words with a worker and the worker gives the customer a chicken breast. the customer walks back to their table and the worker tosses the previously mentioned chicken wing onto the pile with the other chicken waiting to be served.

what's your reaction?

would you call out the worker or keep quiet?

Poll question: what would you do: the fast food edition

Poll result (7 votes)
nah man, all that food is tainted now. throw all that shit away (6 votes)Vote
eh, no big deal. stay quiet and keep it moving (1 votes)Vote
something else (0 votes)Vote

13103560, they shoulda just let the customer keep the wing too
Posted by KiloMcG, Thu Dec-08-16 02:02 PM
13103597, ikr.. everytime i returned an item it was thrown out
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Dec-08-16 02:32 PM
or they let me keep it.

13103568, I can't stand other people touching my food. This is SO GROSS
Posted by janey, Thu Dec-08-16 02:10 PM
is this because I'm an angry type in Buddhist psychology, or is it because I'm white? or both? but oh boy no, I would talk to the manager and never eat there again.

~ ~ ~
All meetings end in separation
All acquisition ends in dispersion
All life ends in death
- The Buddha

|\_/|
='_'=

Every hundred years, all new people
13103590, More cynical folk will say it's because you're a white woman
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-08-16 02:27 PM
but you're dead on. That kind of shit always needs to go straight to the top.
13103589, Hell yeah I'd call that shit out and shoot an email to corporate
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Dec-08-16 02:26 PM
I worked at a Del Taco when I was about 20 and they did all kinds of nasty shit. They would drain the oil from their taco salad shells on a fucking cardboard box sitting on the floor.

I burnt my wrist on the quesadilla machine and told them we needed to switch out the machine or shut it down long enough to clean it and they said NOPE. Keep that shit moving. They spit some bullshit about how the heat would kill any bacteria. That shit melted the skin on my wrist and I still have a scar from it and they cut my hours to nothing when I asked if we should file some kind of injury report.

Later I worked at a Burger King where the manager would send everyone home but the drive through and two of us to work the back from 6-8, before sending the second person home. This was done to keep the ratios down and make her numbers look ridiculously good.

She had us do closing procedures during the dinner hour so that we'd lock the doors and turn off the lights the second the drive through closed. Since we had to wash our hands after, say, sweeping or taking out the trash, she demanded that we cut out the hand washing to make sure we kept those drive through wait times down. Another employee got burnt by some oil and they cut her a $600 check not to file a report.

All that is to say that when you see small things like the scenario in the OP it's possible that it's indicative of a broader culture of cutting corners. shooting that email to corporate might seem like some entitled white lady demanding to speak to the CEO over some petty bullshit but that feedback is what drives corporate to fix problems on the ground floor, especially in this social media age.

They'll thank you for your input and probably shoot you a freebie. Whether they actually take action is anyone's guess but I'm betting on a solid batting percentage.
13103605, i'd probably just leave.
Posted by Cenario, Thu Dec-08-16 02:39 PM
aint been messing wit popeyes since they put them high salt emblems on the menu
13103613, I would say something...
Posted by Trinity444, Thu Dec-08-16 02:46 PM
it would depend on my mood on how I would say it. i

13103622, Order the Tenders instead
Posted by silenttype, Thu Dec-08-16 02:59 PM
but more than likely, I'd dip.
13103677, im not really a germaphobe or anything but thats crossing the line lol
Posted by Government Name, Thu Dec-08-16 03:36 PM
13103696, This fancy mofo eats at a Popeyes with an abundance of ready chicken.
Posted by JFrost1117, Thu Dec-08-16 04:10 PM
13103742, I'm leaving and never going back
Posted by DJR, Thu Dec-08-16 06:03 PM
I don't want anybody touching my food, talking over my food, taking a bite of their food while standing within a distance where some crumbs could possibly fall anywhere my food, double dipping, touching my food with their food, etc. Can't deal with any of it.