Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectidk. it sounded like cole was just attacking them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13100993&mesg_id=13101291
13101291, idk. it sounded like cole was just attacking them
Posted by bearfield, Fri Dec-02-16 02:48 PM
for not handling their fame in the same way he has. that seems insensitive given their mental illness issues

i do agree that people shouldn't be terrible and then hide behind mental illness but i never got that vibe from ye or wale. imo wale always came across as not fully understanding his depression (even though he talks about it a lot), e.g. he doesn't realize that he's unhappy because he has depression, not because he's not as famous as he thinks he should be. but i don't know him so i can't say definitively what his mindset is. and ye always appeared to be barely holding it together, under stress that can't be comprehended by anyone but him. he's world famous, hugely influential, constantly attacked by fans, critics, and pundits, and still has to deal with anxiety and depression (which has to be exponentially worse when constantly in the spotlight)

maybe i'm being a little too empathetic towards their mental illnesses. all of the above doesn't excuse being an asshole but i think there's some middle ground to be reached there and they both definitely deserve some sympathy. and j cole is an opportunistic jerk for attacking them publicly