Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdoing community service during the holidays
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13098088&mesg_id=13098088
13098088, doing community service during the holidays
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Nov-23-16 12:26 PM
doing community service 360 or so days out the year is a fulfilling experience that I enjoy.

but then there are a handful of days where i get annoyed at the people that come out to serve.

you ever heard of CME church-goers? they the ones that only go to church on christmas, mother's day, and easter. church is filled beyond capacity. they busy like gyms in january.

anyway

about 4 or 5 days out the year you get this surgence of people coming out and it changes the experience.

i have to check myself and try not to be annoyed at the selfie takers that show up mostly for the photo op. you can't hand the man a plate of food before you've made him stop and look in the direction a camera.

then you got well meaning organizations that aren't equipped to deal with the ridiculous number of volunteers that showed up to help. it's a logistical nightmare.

this year i'm sparing myself the aggravation. i signed up to pick up enough food to feed an entire senior citizen building and then drop it off at that building. i prefer that because it minimizes the confusion of being in a large area where the volunteers equal or outnumber the people there to eat. that's a nightmare i endured one too many times.

and back to the photo ops. not only do you got individuals taking flicks for social media but you got groups & organizations grouped up to take pictures. which in itself ain't that bad until you notice that the mofos posing for the most pictures did the least amount of work.

aiight, i'm done.

you doing any community service this weekend?

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...