Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPeople said Dave was crazy so I see why it rubs him the wrong way
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13097003&mesg_id=13098189
13098189, People said Dave was crazy so I see why it rubs him the wrong way
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-23-16 03:20 PM
I saw him perform at U of Kentucky in 2005 right after he got back from Africa and he was pissed. Basically said the media will shit on you the moment you stop doing what they want.

I think Ye not doing another college album makes people think he is crazy
Doing Yeezus means he is crazy
Talking shit about W (which we loved) made him crazy to white folk.
Talking shit about Swift means he is crazy

Maybe Obama is right tho... he said he was an ass...

To me... I think all these "crazy" moments have elevated his star power.

Ionno if he is crazy but to me it definitely seems dismissive or like fake compassion to diagnose him as crazy.

We have no idea what Kanye is besides a talented artist who thinks he is the best thing on earth. Which is no different than Floyd Mayweather or other athletes who think the world revolves around them.

I definitely think you have to be slightly off to want fame. It's addictive, it's like a drug. When other people start getting more shine you do "crazy" shit to get the cameras back.

Since Dave has been labeled crazy and lives in that world I think he prolly has a better grasp of how the average person can easily dismiss you mental well being at the end of the day... most people want a show and if they don't get it? Well... that artist must be crazy.