Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectwhat's wrong with being crazy though....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13097003&mesg_id=13098176
13098176, what's wrong with being crazy though....
Posted by Seven, Wed Nov-23-16 02:57 PM

>But it's sad how quick people are to call him crazy.

...and as much as I love and respect Dave Chapelle...that clip with him saying calling someone crazy is dismissive kinda rubs me wrong..

It ties into the whole stigma attached to mental health...even mental health 'advocates' carry this bias..they'll admit to depression and anxiety...but STILL shy away from labels like schizophrenia, psychosis, bipolar disorder...Same ones crying against pastors praying away mental illness..
Read an article in ebony few days back by some therapist blaming Kanye's conditions on his mom's passing and stress etc...
The report said he was psychotic...anybody who's studied psychiatry/psychology knows that people who have psychotic breaks tend to already have a predisposition.

Do i think kanye is schizophrenic or bipolar? i don't know.
From my albeit limited experience in the field...what we're seeing isn't simply due to exhaustion or kardashian pussy or hollywood....there's something deeper at play...and i long for a day when we no longer have to skirt around the issue