Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbrat" isn't a diagnosis? You don't say! Tell me more!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13097003&mesg_id=13097734
13097734, brat" isn't a diagnosis? You don't say! Tell me more!
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Nov-22-16 05:40 PM
>It's all rooted in something psychological.

That's incredibly broad. Everything we say and do is rooted in something psychological.

>Mental illness doesn't remove personal responsibility. With my
>depression/anxiety, I may have symptoms that keep me from
>meeting deadlines, so my responsibility is to 1) seek
>treatment and/or 2) let me boss know and defer the tasks.

It's going to remove personal responsibility for him in the eyes of the people who have made excuse after excuse for him since the day he became a known quantity.

>Mental illness is not an excuse. Mental illness can be
>treated.

Treatment requires a willing participant, namely someone who accepts the diagnosis as something more than a laminated card to flash when they're being an asshole. It also requires accountability from those around him, not a bunch of yes men eager to remain in his good graces and enabling fans touting all of his antics as genius, next level art.

Who knows if Ye is really mentally ill or if he'll accept a diagnosis or if he'd be a willing participant in his own treatment. I don't and neither do you, but it's clear that if the answer was "no" to all of the above, people would react negatively to it and you'd be there to make excuses for him.

>Being a "brat" is not a diagnosis and is not
>actionable.

Uh... yeah. What else is news?
Why would I think that's a diagnosis?

I don't recall presenting it as a diagnosis. Ye's online bodyguard up above thinks that meets the criteria of a diagnosis, but I sure don't.