Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNope.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13092637&mesg_id=13095281
13095281, Nope.
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-16-16 07:48 PM
My impression (contrary to what I always believed) is that Ali did the cuts and nothing else. Literally....EVERYTHING other than the dj flourishes and cuts was done by Qtip. The fact that he didn't get credit for that was a major sticking point in their relationships. I imagine that's why the liner notes are so clear this time around.

What I'm saying is that the fact Tip did the majority of the production is not different from the past. If anything....Tip did LESS on this album because of the various studio musicians and guest instrumentalists that were used. The first three albums were much more self-contained, Qtip 'solo' productions.

There are 2 beats on the first three albums that were not made by Qtip and those were made by Skeff Anslem (8 million stories and Show Business) Everything else was Qtip by himself. The only reason I'm clarifying this is because it shocked me when I found out around 6 years ago or so. I thought Muhammed was much more involved than he was.