Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHad me at "Mike Bloomberg's a fan"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13092515&mesg_id=13273075
13273075, Had me at "Mike Bloomberg's a fan"
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jul-10-18 10:43 AM
Or, maybe before that when the author tried to convince us that meeting with James Carville, Donna Brazile, and Mary Matalin is just some regular folks, sittin' around and talkin' politics. Or later, when they revealed that his entire family is deeply entrenched in local politics.

So, pass.

He seems like a good dude, but the whole "I'm not the sort of person who runs for president" pretty neatly permits him to slide by without actually suggesting something that will improve the material lives of most Americans. And he's definitely not in a rush to provide an answer like that. So what makes him so good? A speech? The fact that he's from Louisiana? Because if the latter meant that he was able to deliver some Southern electoral college votes, maybe we should start putting that promise to use more locally. Louisiana has a pair of Republicans in the US Senate. I'm tired of seeing John Kennedy play the "I'm completely senile but I have opinions about grits" card on CNN, though he's not up until 2022. Luckily, Cassidy sucks too. And wikipedia says that he beat the other Landrieu so we can amuse ourselves with a revenge story.

It's two years away and the only thing at stake for guys like this is this nebulous idea of "viability". If he can't bring himself to suggest something concrete and radical to help people, then he should stick to making really good, and deeply needed speeches.