Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectaaaaaaaand we're done folks; President Donald Trump.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13091852
13091852, aaaaaaaand we're done folks; President Donald Trump.
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-09-16 02:35 AM
Thanks for playing, have a good night. See you in 4 years.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.
13091863, i wonder whats next
Posted by beatnik, Wed Nov-09-16 02:57 AM
recession, war, or 9/11 scale terrorist attack
13091867, if he gets his way, walking away from NAFTA...
Posted by PoppaGeorge, Wed Nov-09-16 03:05 AM
... and every other fucked up trade agreement we ever entered into will probably be first.

---------------------------

"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the peace when we were getting laid out?
Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances? Where is the peace then?
They don't want to call for peace then.
13091872, and team america world police
Posted by beatnik, Wed Nov-09-16 03:09 AM
private contractors will love him

he's about to ruin a lot of foreign relationships.

The Great American Shut In 2017
13091869, What......In......The..........Fuuuuuuuuuuuck
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Wed Nov-09-16 03:06 AM
13091870, america eats its young
Posted by rdhull, Wed Nov-09-16 03:08 AM
>
13091874, imagine how horribly he'll age as president
Posted by beatnik, Wed Nov-09-16 03:10 AM
I thought the Obama black to gray jokes were bad, man.
13091875, Think his skin goes from pumpkin to tomato by the end?
Posted by natenate101, Wed Nov-09-16 03:13 AM
It's gonna be hard to stay optimistic with this fuckface on our tvs and in our ears 24/7. Obama wi be sorely missed.
13091878, weight loss and baldness
Posted by beatnik, Wed Nov-09-16 03:19 AM
are my predictions

13091879, imagine how horribly WE will age wih him as president
Posted by rdhull, Wed Nov-09-16 03:33 AM
>I thought the Obama black to gray jokes were bad, man.
13091885, im 30 and look like a teenager
Posted by beatnik, Wed Nov-09-16 03:58 AM
even President Toupee and Vice President Racist Cop can't fuck with that lol
13092166, check back in 4
Posted by rdhull, Wed Nov-09-16 12:11 PM
>even President Toupee and Vice President Racist Cop can't
>fuck with that lol
13091912, lol
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-09-16 07:18 AM
13091877, Can't Wait To Read All Of 11/9 "Confession Wednesday" Posts
Posted by Dj Joey Joe, Wed Nov-09-16 03:19 AM
If you thought Trump brought the worst out in people just wait till people really get it off their chest.

13091882, As a non American ,
Posted by AFRICAN, Wed Nov-09-16 03:41 AM
I'm stunned and terrified.
Was no fan of Hillary but THIS guy?
Holy shit.
I have no idea what his foreign policy is and I don't think anyone else does either.
Mexican Peso dropped by more than 10%.
Deejboram probably stroking his dick and grinning right now.
Not hyperbole but the world order is about to profoundly change.
13091884, And for the record, Jill Stein didn't come close to her 5%
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Nov-09-16 03:54 AM
yet spoiled *multiple* states.

And at last report, the two-party duopoly has not been overturned.
13091893, ^^^
Posted by Sofian_Hadi, Wed Nov-09-16 05:09 AM
13092138, I see, so Hillary lost Michigan, PA, New Hampshire, etc
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 11:48 AM
because of Jill Stein?

I thought those were fringe votes that weren't needed?

Sure he stance on the TPP and free trade had nothing to do with losing the Rust Belt?

Sure it wasn't the polls that came out in May that ended up being fairly accurate?

Sure it wasn't her pivot to win moderates and conservatives after convention instead of truly conceding to the populist direction the country and world is heading in?

The Democrats ran their game plan flawlessly by your estimation, and we got Donald Trump. We have been fighting this tooth and nail from the very beginning because we KNEW this would happen.

You should have more of a beef with Johnson than Stein, but Johnson got a diversity of people voting for him. So sad, because those folks were in the DNC tent as Bernie supporters, and theh DNC turned noise machines on them, but are surprised when those people rejected Trump AND Clinton.

Whole thing could have been avoided. A vote for Hillary was always a vote for Trump, because she was the one that could be beaten. Even worse, we didn't even lose with our best shot, and will forever wonder "what if"? AND we lost the Senate. So much for helping those down ticket races. The DNC truly tainted the entire ticket and we now have a new Red Scare to worry about....a Republican one.
13092184, You are the perfect example of the incompetence
Posted by AZ, Wed Nov-09-16 12:26 PM
of the Democratic party. POCs need to unhitch their weapons from these losers.
13092370, Lol for a smart guy you have weird views here
Posted by cgonz00cc, Wed Nov-09-16 03:22 PM
The DNC spoiled those states.

Berni won the primary here (MI) and then it came out the DNC was clandestinely opposing him the whole way

And now its jill stein's fault the Party's chickens came home to roost?

Get a grip
13092390, Vote for the progressive next time nm.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Wed Nov-09-16 04:05 PM
13092424, dude, Hillary couldn't beat Donald Trump
Posted by makaveli, Wed Nov-09-16 04:53 PM
13091888, deejboram called it...... props
Posted by LAbeathustla, Wed Nov-09-16 04:14 AM
i'll take my massive L... mofos in this country still dumb..
13091903, This was my fear all along.
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 06:36 AM
Can't trust white america. Especially after 8 years of Obama and Michelle.

I'm still in shock.

This was white folks get back.

13091895, RE: aaaaaaaand we're done folks; President Donald Trump.
Posted by saito2, Wed Nov-09-16 05:26 AM
I thought brexit was stupid but Trump winning?...Hillary is untrustworthy we all know this but to elect a man who clearly has no clue as to what he's doing. The whole world is laughing at the US electoral process right now.
13091898, Let Murrica get what it deserves
Posted by Musa, Wed Nov-09-16 05:54 AM

I am happy.
13091915, murica is about to experience what 20 years of berlusconi did
Posted by Hellyeah, Wed Nov-09-16 07:30 AM
to italy, just on a bigger scale.

get ready to go back 30 years at least

13091917, We can only hope those "principled Republicans" were being genuine
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 07:40 AM
and Trump doesn't get a blank check from Congress.
Doubt it though. They were just putting on a show thinking their best route was to be anti Trump. They'll hop onto his agenda (whatever that is) immediately as if hadn't opposed him
13091920, Homie, look at his entourage. Newt, Christie, Mayor 9/11, that weasel Priebus...
Posted by Lardlad95, Wed Nov-09-16 07:58 AM
Revenge will be enacted. The GOP is gonna get down or lay down. He bodied their establishment in the primary, and fucking wrecked the Dems in the executive, the legislature, and he's gonna give them the judiciary in short order...and these muthfuckas were scared that he would bring them down. Dad's ring finger is gonna get fucking mono from all the muthfuckas bending down to kiss it. We're talking medieval pope levels of control.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
13091922, Prelim exit poll #s. He won men bigly. White men. Uneducated white men
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 07:59 AM
http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501378673/how-trump-won-according-to-the-exit-polls

Clinton got the same share of women vote as Obama.
Trump blew Romney's men total out of the water

Trump vastly underperformed Romney among educated whites. But more than made up for it with the uneducated whites
13091933, Trump performed as well as Romney with blacks and latinos and young voters
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 08:27 AM
Clinton lower than Obama in each demographic

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/08/politics/first-exit-polls-2016/
13091950, he won 29% of the Latino vote?!? wtf
Posted by benny, Wed Nov-09-16 08:55 AM
13092026, It included Rubio, Cruz, and other white cubans and latinos
Posted by j., Wed Nov-09-16 10:09 AM
Latinos are not a monolith
there are racist latinos
self-hating latinos
coconut latinos

I personally know 3 latinos that voted for him:

1- A brown skin chicano from NM whose family has been here for 4 generations and was all for the wall

2- a white skin chicano from CA who's into alt-right men's rights anti-pc anti-lgbt, that whole pepe the frog subculture

3- a white cuban girl from Miami who was born here, parents from Cuba, and raised Rep. They'd rather fellate Fidel Castro than vote Dem. The hate for Dems is strong.

Every other latino I know went for Hill but it wasn't enough.
13092061, Unless they changed the definition since 2012, at that doesn't matter
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 10:38 AM
Cubans and all the others you mentioned were in the Latino column last time around.

The question is why would Trump (of all people) get a bigger share of Latino votes relative to Romney? What made a portion of them shift from Dem to Repub this year?

13092070, I bet that very few shifted.
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-09-16 10:48 AM
What were the totals like? I'd be interested to see more detail....but I'd bet that latinos didn't shift. I bet it was a relatively smaller version of white men, there was an untapped demo of latinos who never voted before and love wrestling. So noone switched....there was just a surge of latino philistines. Anti-intellectualism crosses over racial identities in America to some extent. Enough of an extent in anycase.
13092079, I'd say he tapped into the machista and anti-lgbt contingent
Posted by j., Wed Nov-09-16 10:53 AM
again, not a monolith
nuff latino men still think a woman's place is the kitchen and gay marriage is from the devil
just like we saw with educated white women
they'll overlook all his other wild shit because he taps into their primal fears
13092086, and illegal immigration. It's amazing how many latinos are against it
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 10:57 AM
Some of them frown on illegals like Black folk who frown on Affirmative Action after they get in the door.
13092095, I contend the question is 'why did they vote for the first time?'
Posted by denny, Wed Nov-09-16 11:05 AM
And I don't think the answer has anything to do with illegal immigration. That's just the form it took. The answer is not about the issues....it's about psychology.
13092161, To me, this is the correct answer. Latino voters have always been
Posted by calij81, Wed Nov-09-16 12:07 PM
More socially aligned with Republicans than democrats.

Most Latino families are socially conservative when it comes to gay marriage, bathroom bills, and a woman's place belonging in the kitchen of White House and not running the White House.

Trump finally tapped into that social conservatism of Latinos and it helped him win.

Democrats are going to have to do a better job with Latinos going forward in the next election.
13092044, yet we(Black folks) stay trying to "align" and bring them into our struggle..
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Nov-09-16 10:21 AM
smh..
wasting resources and energy.
we always want to bring everyone into OUR struggle under the assumption that they are in alignment with our values, needs, wants, goals in this America.

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13092082, RE: yet we(Black folks) stay trying to "align" and bring them into our struggle..
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 10:54 AM
>smh..
>wasting resources and energy.
>we always want to bring everyone into OUR struggle under the
>assumption that they are in alignment with our values, needs,
>wants, goals in this America.
>
>"Get ready....for your blessing....."

Yup. It's us against the world. Always has been and always will be.

13092516, All of them came from countries where Black people are even
Posted by Shaun Tha Don, Wed Nov-09-16 07:34 PM
more marginalized.
13091925, having to listen to these subhuman pieces of filth is the worst thing ever
Posted by J_Stew, Wed Nov-09-16 08:05 AM
I'm going to do everything(within the law) to use my white privilege to fuck up as many of these people's lives as possible.
13091934, RE: aaaaaaaand we're done folks; President Donald Trump.
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 08:29 AM
I didn't sleep much. I'm frustrated at everyone and want to lash out. I hate that I just sat through a year of people making trump jokes, and treating the entire campaign as a joke, day in day out in every social and professional setting; and I kept saying how unsurprising and not funny this is. Only to witness their shock last night and today. There was nothing shocking, or humorous about that man nor his followers. Why did it take this for people to acknowledge that this is real ?

I heard more about his hair, bravado, clever takes on skin color, hands, lying, etc than I did about the real effects he and his ilk were having on this country.

I hate the arrogance of not treating a threat as a threat until it's far too late.
13091938, There was a point about a year ago when I realized this wasn't a joke
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 08:40 AM
Kept telling people not to trust white America.

These folks are mad as shit and then we fucked around and pissed off Bernie Bros... shit was the perfect storm.

All that talk about "grab her by the pussy" Well, I think we underestimated how much wild shit white women prolly hear from white men in their lives.

Also think the Kaepernik fell out was a sign of things to come.

13091945, yes. I agree. Wholeheartedly. It's been a full year+ of jokes and not taking
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Nov-09-16 08:52 AM
the undercurrent of racism/sexism/vengeance seriously. Folks relying on formulas that have been disproved multiple times over the past 16 years!!

Here especially......

13091952, Not trying to gloat because who the fuck wanted Trump to win?
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 08:59 AM
It's more so about people refusing to even entertain the convo of a Trump victory.

No one wanted to believe he had a shot and I get it.. there was a time when I believed it to be true as well but the guy kept winning.

At some point I think the left needed to admit it was a real possibility. To lose this many states tells me the media and Dems had rose colored glasses on and refused to see what folks on the ground kept saying.

Trump signs were everywhere and Hilldawg enthusiasm was low as shit.

Shoulda gone with Bernie. You can't fight new energy with an old ass playbook.
13091958, RE: Not trying to gloat because who the fuck wanted Trump to win?
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 09:02 AM
It was more about a single voice saying it's ok to be white and let's do everything we can to circle the white power structure. People overwhelmingly voted for white power. Regardless of how they got there. Be it immigration, terrorism, black lives matter; they behaved like scared white people clinging to the one thing that's always been secure for them in this country - white power.

I don't want to break it down past that. I don't want to deal with the if Bernie had this, or had Hillary that. I want to have the conversation that I have every day when I voice my complaints; that these white people don't give two shits about you. That there are good white people, but that white culture is inherently selfish and lecherous
13091980, This 100% true but we been known that shit
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 09:26 AM
for some reason I think Obama winning made us forget it but recent activity by cops and reaction to BLM was an obvious sign.

It's hard for me not to do the what if it wasn't Hillary because after 8 years of a Black fam in the WH what did we think was going to happen?

2 years after Obama won their terms told us what we didn't want to hear. White folk weren't going away quietly.

Not trying to argue but I feel like not talking about who we ran against Trump is the real story. White folks gonna white folk so why run the most hated candidate in the rust belt vs that dude?

Ionno... I could see if it was another candidate and Trump won but most people who warned of his chances for victory knew exactly why it could happen.

Trump was their white Obama and we tried to win with Mitt Romney.
13091993, WE didn't run a thing against Trump
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 09:40 AM
At 13% of the population we're a buffer, not the base.
13091961, exactly. It's the whole persistent attitude of "YOU'RE AN IDIOT FOR EVEN
Posted by FLUIDJ, Wed Nov-09-16 09:05 AM
THINKING THAT HE COULD WIN"

>It's more so about people refusing to even entertain the
>convo of a Trump victory.
>
>No one wanted to believe he had a shot and I get it.. there
>was a time when I believed it to be true as well but the guy
>kept winning.

The fact that he won the primary shoulda been the "OH SHIT, this COULD happen" moment for everyone...but they continued to Kanye Shrug it off...

>At some point I think the left needed to admit it was a real
>possibility. To lose this many states tells me the media and
>Dems had rose colored glasses on and refused to see what folks
>on the ground kept saying.

The media needs to be dealt with...but by who??

>Trump signs were everywhere and Hilldawg enthusiasm was low as
>shit.
>
>Shoulda gone with Bernie. You can't fight new energy with an
>old ass playbook.

I don't really believe Bernie would have fared much better.

13091988, That bubble was real
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 09:36 AM
It's a shame but I think it's the main reason Hilldawg lost. DNC didn't really embrace Bernie after the fact. They didn't want to hear what the most energized portion of the base was screaming.

Not trying to blame black folk but I knew that southern black vote in the primary would screw us over in the end. While she had that sewn up in the primaries due to years of campaign work with Bill I always felt like it would backfire because we weren't winning any of those states in the electoral college.

It is what is tho... she won but she damn sure didn't win square and fair. DNC stacked the deck and Donna Brazille and Debbie Whatsherfaceshultz was fired as well... but embraced by Hilldawgs team.

She was also under investigation by the FBI. Seriously... Bernie woulda won bruh.

Some of these states were close as fuck and Bernie Bros bounced once they saw those emails.

The rust belt also flipped because Hillary loved TPP until Bernie hit her over the head with it. They never forgot what the Clintons did to them with Nafta. They never forgot how she shitted on coal.

Bernie and Hillary supporters would have pushed him over the top the same way they did for Obama.

The DNC and Dem voters fucked up by trying to make history twice. Too scared to be progressive. Smh...

You really think blue collar whites in rust belt states wouldn't want free college like Bernie was offering?
13092177, ^^^ 100%
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Wed Nov-09-16 12:18 PM
13091960, a lot of people wanted trump to win
Posted by boyd, Wed Nov-09-16 09:04 AM
13091987, I didn't. And I'm not going to spend a moment absolving white individuals
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 09:34 AM
Of white culture. They own this. From the frothing Trump supporters to the "socially polite" folks that say alt right instead of white nationalists.

They own this.
13091937, Land of the crackas, home of the fuckery
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Nov-09-16 08:34 AM
Man oh man I thought trump would get to the general election all along. But I never thought he'd win. White ppl been MAD. AS. HELL. for 8 years
13091942, Oh shit somebody just hit the fuckin' rental car
Posted by Ted Gee Seal, Wed Nov-09-16 08:50 AM
>Thanks for playing, have a good night. See you in 4 years.
>
>
>---------------------------
>
>"Where was the peace when we were getting shot? Where's the
>peace when we were getting laid out?
>Where is the peace when we are in the back of ambulances?
>Where is the peace then?
>They don't want to call for peace then.
13092030, Ha.
Posted by squeeg, Wed Nov-09-16 10:12 AM
Also, :-(
13091943, FUUUUUUUCK!
Posted by walihorse, Wed Nov-09-16 08:51 AM
What the hell am I going to do if they repeal Obamacare i'm fucked. My current employer is only 4 people. They aren't going to pay for it.
13092254, I have a good friend whose parents will likely die from this.
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 01:36 PM
In short order too.
13091948, man, fuck Hillary tho
Posted by Amritsar, Wed Nov-09-16 08:53 AM
and fuck the dems for rolling with that bitch
13091955, It's bigger than the US. Fundamentalism worldwide is in vogue
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-09-16 09:01 AM
And how the far right parties have had an unprecedented run in European politics.
How the Arab spring turned into a nightmare.
How Russia's turned into an autocratic society.
Brexit

And most of these changes were DEMOCRATICALLY chosen; the people looked at the facts and said "fuck em" out of fear.

Honestly, its MUCH MUCH worse then Trump. We've had republican presidents before, we will survive that. Politics in the first, second, third world being motivated by fear though? We are messing with WWIII ingredients.

13091969, Euro zone is done
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 09:12 AM
I thought brexit was an anomaly. Nah. I give it 5 years
13091971, it's a sad day for emancipation in general n/m
Posted by willothewisp, Wed Nov-09-16 09:14 AM
13091974, I'm worried France is next
Posted by benny, Wed Nov-09-16 09:20 AM
if Marine Le Pen gets elected (May 2017) then she's already said she'll go for a Frexit referendum. And knowing how unpopular the EU is right now, I'm pretty sure how it'd go. Then Germany has elections a few months later that could topple Merkel, and so bye-bye Europe basically
Le Pen still hasn't really got a clear path to winning, but that expression is fast becoming meaningless
13091984, White folk showing their asses, globally
Posted by AtoZ 0toInfinity, Wed Nov-09-16 09:28 AM

As they always have
We gotta blow up the DeathStar
13092235, Black/brown people need to build our own spaces
Posted by Mori, Wed Nov-09-16 01:19 PM
We can keep trying to follow and expect white folks to hand over their treasures and keep getting kicked in the face. We need to just focus on our own nations and build up.

It is embarrassing to see all the brown nations running after white/European living and get mad when they block us.

Black Americans have a different history, but still. Do for self.
13092259, ^^^^^
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Nov-09-16 01:40 PM
13091977, if you saw one of his last ads.....
Posted by TR808, Wed Nov-09-16 09:23 AM
it showed a woman going into the voting booth and the curtain closing behind her... that summed it all up.. there were a lot of people that voted that never voiced an opinion but all wanted him to win...

God help us all..
13092033, I got clowned for calling attention to the hidden Trump vote
Posted by j., Wed Nov-09-16 10:13 AM
A lot of them didn't want get tagged as racist/sexist so they just kept their mouth shut or lied
but they were voting for him all along
they agreed with him, just didn't want to own up to it publicly and here we are
13092374, 1000%
Posted by Eric B Is Prez, Wed Nov-09-16 03:33 PM
I think the polls failed to capture just how many supporters he had. Folks who wouldn't admit it in public because they feared the social backlash, but were planning to vote for him all along.
13091995, this is legit depressing...
Posted by MiracleRic, Wed Nov-09-16 09:41 AM
like all you can hope for is a horrible 4 years so he doesn't get the usual reelection but he will bc Americans don't fight patterns until enough anger has built up

i knew this nation was divided but Jesus christ

we need a new majority...i need to have some babies and keep them felonies off them
13091997, Folks, can we try to hold are head high in the streets?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 09:41 AM
I went to drop my kids off this morning and the ex-cop security guard and a parent were just beaming. I overheard when I walked talking to each other "welcome to the trail of tears, we've been living it the last 8 years"

I think among the many motivating factors for Trump voters, one was just seeing the pained look on progressives face once he won. They are eating up our public displays of pain.

Even the white progressive parents looking sad gave me an extra "How are YOU doing this morning?" and I refuse to let any of these folks see me sweat.

I'll save the tears for home.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13092010, The ideal is to hold your head high, but emotional people might not be
Posted by c71, Wed Nov-09-16 09:57 AM
able to yet.

I'm on the page to hold my head high but I'm sure I won't be tested about that like some people will (certain work environments, etc.)

It's just a big blow to go from Obama to Trump so a lot of people, probably children, aren't going to be able to not show their feelings.

Probably good to suggest it, but a lot of people just won't be able to do it for a while.
13092016, My wife had a job interview this morning. I had to Denzel speech her.
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 10:00 AM
I never talk to her like that, because she's the type that needs massaging to hear things.
But I told her that we can grieve in this house. But we need to walk out, keep our heads up, and handle ourselves with dignity outside and continue to make hard work look easy.
13092040, I meant to say if you can. Just know they are watching and
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 10:19 AM
enjoying it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

13092028, What sucks is that we aren't grieving because dems lost
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-09-16 10:11 AM
>I went to drop my kids off this morning and the ex-cop
>security guard and a parent were just beaming. I overheard
>when I walked talking to each other "welcome to the trail of
>tears, we've been living it the last 8 years"

Like, this isn't a case of a sports team losing, or us being disappointed at George Bush winning 2004. This is a 'Here's What they Think About You' (c) Ice Cube on a scale we haven't faced in our generation. If Hillary lost to Jeb it wouldn't feel like this, nahmean
13092036, If it weren't for the supreme court, I could deal with a non
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 10:17 AM
Trump person winning.

I am moderate enough to be comfortable with the idea that one party can't hold onto the white house for more than 8 years.

But the Supreme Court which was rightfully suppose to swing left under Obama and start mitigating the damage done by a Scalia Court for 25 years is going to go even further right for a generation. That hurts.

roe v. wade is probably done.
Voting right act. done.

Affirmative action, already on it's last leg will be put out of it's misery.

the list goes on.

I am mad at RBG for not retiring when she could have safely been replaced by Obama.

13092094, RE: What sucks is that we aren't grieving because dems lost
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Wed Nov-09-16 11:04 AM

>Like, this isn't a case of a sports team losing, or us being
>disappointed at George Bush winning 2004. This is a 'Here's
>What they Think About You' (c) Ice Cube on a scale we haven't
>faced in our generation. If Hillary lost to Jeb it wouldn't
>feel like this, nahmean

This is the part that really takes me to a whole 'nother place. The two are not remotely comparable.
13092039, I grieved last night when I went to bed
Posted by j., Wed Nov-09-16 10:18 AM
when FL got called I knew it was over
woke up this morning, saw the confirmation
I brushed my teeth to "My Downfall"
and I'm now on some "I WISH A MF WOULD"

I ain't no tough guy thug whatever, but I feel amped. I'm looking them all in the eye
13092043, I've seen two types of people on my facebook feed
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 10:21 AM
there are the "All is Lost!" folks and the "ok, we got work to do. Let's go".

I am trying to roll with the second group.

13092092, See?
Posted by soulpsychodelicyde, Wed Nov-09-16 11:02 AM
>I went to drop my kids off this morning and the ex-cop
>security guard and a parent were just beaming. I overheard
>when I walked talking to each other "welcome to the trail of
>tears, we've been living it the last 8 years"

This is the kinda shit I CANNOT do. My colleague, who I like very much, actually said to me, 'it is what it is.' Fuck her, fuck them and fuck anyone who voted for him or thinks like them.

There is no legitimate or vaguely objective way to compare Obama to Trump. FOH. Anyone saying otherwise is not remotely credible or sane.
13092008, it's a game changer
Posted by Crash Bandacoot, Wed Nov-09-16 09:55 AM
for sure
13092013, wish i could say i was suprised...wish i could say i didn't see it
Posted by ambient1, Wed Nov-09-16 09:58 AM
coming

the crackers have spoken
fuck em
13092066, WTF was tim kaine good for??? she shouldve asked bernie to run for vp
Posted by LAbeathustla, Wed Nov-09-16 10:45 AM
13092073, Nothing. I still couldn't pick him out of a line up
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 10:49 AM
And I actually follow politics
13092075, He speaks Spanish
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 10:50 AM
13092083, She barely squeaked by VA
Posted by j., Wed Nov-09-16 10:54 AM
I thought VP was supposed to lock up the state they're from?
13092089, That let me know it was a wrap in NC and the rust belt was in play
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 10:58 AM
No way you barely win the VP's state and win the election.

13092087, Damn near lost his own state n/m
Posted by go mack, Wed Nov-09-16 10:58 AM
13092118, even old a$$ Tom Brokaw was calling out the Dems
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Nov-09-16 11:35 AM

on their old, white, establishment ticket.

13092151, Tim Kaine got them the nomination.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 12:00 PM
He stepped down from the DNC to allow DWS to take leadership.

I think his VP ticket was some sort of retribution for stepping aside.

It wasn't the choice for America, it was just getting their ducks in a row. A VP who is sometimey on pro-choice, wants to deregulate Wall Street and approve TPP......yeah, why did Independents vote for Gary Johnson when they could have had Hillary and Kaine?

total shit show. Sanders/Warren would have turned it out.
13092287, lol, I didn't even know who her running mate was until this post
Posted by flipnile, Wed Nov-09-16 02:04 PM
Shoulda BRIBED Bernie to be her running mate.
13092604, i said this too, i was shook when he wasn't the vp pick
Posted by DJ007, Thu Nov-10-16 07:10 AM
i said to myself ummm guys you know you need them to win.
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 11:02 AM
:/
13092101, How does a supposedly dying party gain so much power?
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Nov-09-16 11:13 AM
For real, folks have been guffawing about the infighting within the Republican party as the Tea Party folks go against the traditional Republicans.... but since 2010, the Republican party has won the House, then the Senate and now the Presidency. Soon, the Republicans will also be able to pack the Supreme Court with conservative judges.

Democrats got a lot of soul searching to do... they've supposedly got he demographics on their side but can't seem to translate them into political victories.

Folks are arguing about 3rd party candidates when there's really only 1 party that's really been getting it in for most of the 21st century so far.

13092103, Because they split themselves into two parties under the same name.
Posted by select_from_where, Wed Nov-09-16 11:17 AM
Which, ironically, is the same reason these first two years are going to be a total referendum on the republican party. If they dont deliver on this crazy shit they sold deep red repubs on, they are going to have a hell of a backlash.
13092119, There will not be backlash
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 11:36 AM
Any mistakes will be chalked up to the false narrative of things being so broken from Obama.
13092128, He's not going to have to deliver on anything...
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 11:40 AM
He never took a solid position on anything. He could go lock step with the GOP and it will look like he did what he said he'd do.

Or he could go renegade and it will still look like he did what he said he would.
13092121, It's easy. I think everything we read is just plain wrong.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 11:37 AM
I am aghast that people are still getting on TV right now and trying to predict shit.

The professionals and experts are neither. The biggest story in the entire world just happened and the media that has been covering this for the last two years go it completely wrong, what does that tell us?

13092150, We got a taste of the lame stream media
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 12:00 PM
MHP tried to tell us she wasn't a mammy and most people clowned her over that shit.

They fed us that bullshit and most people ate it up.

13092156, What did you read that suggested this wasn't possible?
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Nov-09-16 12:03 PM
This shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.
13092244, Pretty much every media source besides Breitbart and the like
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 01:27 PM
I have a feeling you are going to harp on the technicality of the words "not possible" though. So I'm going to change that to "very unlikely"
13092157, white. peoples. revenge. simple as.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Nov-09-16 12:03 PM
13092397, by embracing a new face...
Posted by gumz, Wed Nov-09-16 04:16 PM
Trump is not a traditional Presidential candidate even by GOP standards. He revived them with his crazy talk and supposed anti establishment stances. They didn't want him but after a while they shrugged and just ran with it.
13092544, republicans been fighting about the power they had
Posted by rob, Wed Nov-09-16 08:26 PM
not the last crumbs

13092108, This concession speech is going to be so sad
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 11:22 AM
She thought she was going to win. Pretty much everyone that she was going to win. This was not an outcome they saw coming.

Obama snuck in and stole it from her in 2008. She shrugged it off. This though? To get so close only to have it taken by a buffoon like Trump? Devastating.

Running for president for damn near 10 years and still unsuccessful smh
13092111, how would u respond to ppl thinkin that Trump's the Pres starting today?
Posted by BigJazz, Wed Nov-09-16 11:24 AM
these are strangers on the internet, not friends/family.

would you

A. educate them

B. clown them

C. ignore them

I ain't lyin. This shit i'm making up is true...
13092117, I wonder if/when these Trump voters
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Nov-09-16 11:32 AM

are going to realize even a little how much they f*cked themselves and Mr "tell it like it is" was full of sh!t?

Like, I wonder how many white folks with a pre-existing health condition voted Trump?

I wonder how these voters- from the middle class to the WI voters to the hill billys- are going to react when social security benefits get reduced and the age is raised??

Or what is going to cross their mind when they realize that wall ain't being built...and if it is, its going to be crazy expensive and not work anyway.

Or when those factory jobs don't come back?

I mean, this is scary sh!t. Yes certain people will be more impacted, but a lot of folks straight slit their own wrists.

I mean, yeah its on them.

But it is also on the Dems for not making that case.

13092199, This is where I am at as well
Posted by calij81, Wed Nov-09-16 12:38 PM
All these people that currently have health insurance who "hate it" and are about to lose their health insurance are going to realize how much more expensive health insurance can and will be.

I have a cousin who has a 2 year old son and is due with her second child in January and is on Cover California but I'm interested to see what happens to her and her family when her health insurance is cut because the ACA has been dismantled.
13092124, Hilldog couldn't even carry the white woman vote, she had no chance.
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-09-16 11:38 AM
13092127, Shot out to Nate Silver. The only one who started pulling
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 11:39 AM
back on the blowout talk.

Gas face to Hufpost for trying to clown Nate for trying to ring the alarm that there should be some caution before claiming Hillary had a 99% chance of winning.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/794993465666994180

13092133, I give him props on that. He still needs to hang up his pocket protector
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Wed Nov-09-16 11:45 AM
You can't wonk public sentiment.

When his probabilities started cratering for Clinton, I knew it was gonna be all bad.
But he still missed on like 6 or 7 states. If you can predict swing states, what's the point in even publishing the shit?
13092153, yup, he needs to kick all the rocks. espn needs to "grantland" his site.
Posted by PROMO, Wed Nov-09-16 12:02 PM
13092155, Huffpo is Fox News of the left
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 12:03 PM
Too many opinion pieces and Kardashian stories to take them seriously.

It's all emotion and little actual news.

Nate tries to stick to the stars and when he went on that tirade on twitter we shoulda known shit was funky.
13092130, I don't feel like the 56% voter turnout is mentioned enough
Posted by benny, Wed Nov-09-16 11:43 AM
lowest score since 2000 (for a presidential election). Maybe Trump still wins if this was at 60-65%, but it sure feels like he mobilized his base more.
And even 60ish% seems too low for such a crucial vote (in Europe 80% for major elections is kinda standard). They really should look at changing the Tuesday thing, we don't live in the era of farmers having to work the market on Saturdays and go to church on Sundays anymore...
13092140, maybe the low turnout is Jill Steins fault too?
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Nov-09-16 11:48 AM
n/m
13092159, the election was the 2 least popular candidates in history.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 12:05 PM
of course there is going to be low turn out, especially when the election became about vague policy positions, and this slap fight of who was actually worse. It was a race to the bottom, but Trump was able to turn his negatives into enthusiasm. She never closed the enthusiasm gap.

Most people who didn't vote agree that Trump is a disaster. But that is not a policy position. The election was turned into "we think Trump is terrible, right?" but there were 3+ places to make that vote. The Dems didn't have an answer for "Hillary has issues as well". They tried to hold the ball and run the clock out, and let him track with his energized base.

total mess, and so unfortunate.
13092163, Crazy how folks thought his base wouldn't rally against Clinton
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 12:08 PM
13092329, It wasn't about rallying people against Hillary though.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 02:41 PM
It was about rallying her supporters to want to hold her accountable. Them acting as if she had done and could do no wrong is what had Hillary sit on the ball so long. Had she been invigorated by her support she maybe would have moved on DAPL and other progressive stances beyond lip service. Either way she couldn't fix her record. Her appointments in the end did her in to the Independents paying attention. You can come and and say you are against things that your cabinet is directly for.

We just wanted a better candidate, but so many gave her a blank check. She didn't have to do anything, and that bubble got popped last night.

and it was totally avoidable. But people wanted her as President. Now we don't have her, or the House or the Senate, because we didn't care about issues.

Think about it. People are bummed because Trump is President, or because Hillary isn't, and that is fair. But are people bummed about the policy we are missing out on? I am bummed about free college, and universal health care, and anti-fracking, and all the other things we lost at the convention. But it wasn't about Bernie. Hillary could have been stronger on these issues she was pressed on, but it was just slaps in the face one after the other.

total mess.
13092169, man ppl had 2 weeks to vote. tuesday doesnt matter.
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Nov-09-16 12:12 PM
13092352, Not to mention that they could have mailed out the ballots nm
Posted by FILF, Wed Nov-09-16 02:58 PM
13092179, Dems need to learn from this....
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Wed Nov-09-16 12:20 PM
The Democratic Party needs to take a good look at itself. Yes, racist white folks are always gonna klan but the Democratic Party made some big mistakes that they cannot shift blame for. They ignored many many signs to get to this point. All the primaries the polls were wrong... yet no one could entertain that wasn't a fluke. People were willfully blind taking trump as a joke even though Hillary Clinton has literally been the most polarizing democrat of our time for several decades. She was a hated First Lady, a hated senator, a once failed democratic nominee and a hated state department head. She has been scandal plegded for years. Yet, they ran her ANYWAY!

Folks relished alienating Bernie Bros and telling them to shut up and concede. It turns out they where the canary in the cage for general disaffection with the party establishment on both sides. The democratic base and Clinton deigned to incorporate the most energized part of the electorate and used a strategy that could be summed up by "you need us idiot, fall in line and shut up stupid." Turns out that doesn't work and "Not trump" is just not a transformational message. Barack won on transformation not competency. Trump won on transformation not competency. No sitting president has won purely on competency.

I said in other posts, there are white folks who would never go to a trump rally or hang trump signs in their yard but they would silently vote for him. I work with several of them. I watch how they fell silent when people made jokes about trump being racist . I heard how they talked about the police shootings as "sticky situations" and how people should just "obey the law." I heard their comments about Muslims as terrorist. I'm not as shocked as I wish I was.

There were glaring problems with Hillary's record on issues important to white folks beside minority control, like trade, banking regulations and jobs. Idiots convinced themselves that vast amounts of white folks wouldn't be activated by racism, even though they classically have been in droves, and that she could also be weak on the issues most important to them... the economy, trade and jobs at the same time! You can't do both! That's where she lost a lot of whites that should have been easily In her column. He won college educated white folks by way too large a margin to just call this an issue of billy bob in trailer parks. Anyone with basic common sense could tell her campaign lip service on those issues was just not supported by her actions for 20 years.

The dems need to understand you can't shove a candidate down people's throats because you think you're so much smarter than the rest of the world and expect people to love you for it. A failure of imagination led the Democratic Party to cling to the establishment when all the signs called for transformation. Give people someone they can bee excited about. Learn from the mistakes made here.
Run a winner next time.

DJTB YOMM

DJTB YOMM
13092195, I agree with everything you said, they tried to force Hillary down our...
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-09-16 12:36 PM
throats and last night's regurgitation is the result of that.
13092201, of all the post-mortem pieces I've read across the web, yours is best
Posted by Tiger Woods, Wed Nov-09-16 12:43 PM
You nailed it. Well done. They had it coming.
13092210, agreed, and i'll expound.
Posted by PROMO, Wed Nov-09-16 12:55 PM
you can't run for the President of the USA on pragmatism and expect victory.

you HAVE to be inspirational. EVERY candidate comes back to the middle once they actually win. shit, Trump was already doing it when he spoke at his party. but he was inspirational to his people - he spoke to all the racist, sexist, xenophobic dreams of conservative whites.

Obama was that inspirational candidate for the last two elections. Bernie was the inspirational candidate for Dems for THIS election, and the DNC got him out of the paint, and thus, here we are.

this is just like '04 when John Kerry was supposed to be elected simply because "anyone but Bush again." Hillary was that "anyone but Trump" candidate, and she wasn't even as good as Kerry with all her problematic aspects.

you CANNOT win on pragmatism. there has to be more.
13092577, RE: agreed, and i'll expound.
Posted by ajiav, Wed Nov-09-16 10:46 PM
Everything you said.
13092232, ^^^^^
Posted by RobOne4, Wed Nov-09-16 01:14 PM
13092234, ^^^^ all of this
Posted by Stadiq, Wed Nov-09-16 01:17 PM
13092245, well said
Posted by makaveli, Wed Nov-09-16 01:28 PM
13092438, Yup!!!
Posted by cbk, Wed Nov-09-16 05:05 PM
13092492, You summed it up pretty well.
Posted by micMajestic, Wed Nov-09-16 06:22 PM
>The Democratic Party needs to take a good look at itself.
>Yes, racist white folks are always gonna klan but the
>Democratic Party made some big mistakes that they cannot shift
>blame for. They ignored many many signs to get to this point.
>All the primaries the polls were wrong... yet no one could
>entertain that wasn't a fluke. People were willfully blind
>taking trump as a joke even though Hillary Clinton has
>literally been the most polarizing democrat of our time for
>several decades. She was a hated First Lady, a hated senator,
>a once failed democratic nominee and a hated state department
>head. She has been scandal plegded for years. Yet, they ran
>her ANYWAY!
>
>Folks relished alienating Bernie Bros and telling them to shut
>up and concede. It turns out they where the canary in the cage
>for general disaffection with the party establishment on both
>sides. The democratic base and Clinton deigned to incorporate
>the most energized part of the electorate and used a strategy
>that could be summed up by "you need us idiot, fall in line
>and shut up stupid." Turns out that doesn't work and "Not
>trump" is just not a transformational message. Barack won on
>transformation not competency. Trump won on transformation not
>competency. No sitting president has won purely on competency.
>
>
>I said in other posts, there are white folks who would never
>go to a trump rally or hang trump signs in their yard but they
>would silently vote for him. I work with several of them. I
>watch how they fell silent when people made jokes about trump
>being racist . I heard how they talked about the police
>shootings as "sticky situations" and how people should just
>"obey the law." I heard their comments about Muslims as
>terrorist. I'm not as shocked as I wish I was.
>
>There were glaring problems with Hillary's record on issues
>important to white folks beside minority control, like trade,
>banking regulations and jobs. Idiots convinced themselves that
>vast amounts of white folks wouldn't be activated by racism,
>even though they classically have been in droves, and that she
>could also be weak on the issues most important to them... the
>economy, trade and jobs at the same time! You can't do both!
>That's where she lost a lot of whites that should have been
>easily In her column. He won college educated white folks by
>way too large a margin to just call this an issue of billy bob
>in trailer parks. Anyone with basic common sense could tell
>her campaign lip service on those issues was just not
>supported by her actions for 20 years.
>
>The dems need to understand you can't shove a candidate down
>people's throats because you think you're so much smarter than
>the rest of the world and expect people to love you for it. A
>failure of imagination led the Democratic Party to cling to
>the establishment when all the signs called for
>transformation. Give people someone they can bee excited
>about. Learn from the mistakes made here.
>Run a winner next time.
>
>
>___________________________________________________________
>
>
>DJTB YOMM
>
>
>DJTB YOMM

Let my love slide in and never slip out
13092859, RE: Dems need to learn from this....
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Nov-10-16 12:29 PM

>The dems need to understand you can't shove a candidate down
>people's throats because you think you're so much smarter than
>the rest of the world and expect people to love you for it. A
>failure of imagination led the Democratic Party to cling to
>the establishment when all the signs called for
>transformation. Give people someone they can bee excited
>about. Learn from the mistakes made here.
>Run a winner next time.
>

It's hilarious to hear someone say this when Dems are the big government aka government knows best party. Why would that thinking be any different when choosing a candidate for you? People expect them to do everything else for them ..

>
>
>DJTB YOMM
>
>
>DJTB YOMM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<---- 5....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlgiritpmfo

=======================================
13092952, The DNC knew they needed republican crossover votes to win.
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Thu Nov-10-16 02:03 PM
Barack got them which his how he got North Carolina, Florida and several other states that had been red before, in conjunction with an extremely high turn voter turnout. Yet, the DNC picked the single most hated democratic politician by the republican electorate in all of history to run knowing that. That's pure stupidity. No matter how smart they think they are, no one can defy logic.

DJTB YOMM
13093093, I think we gotta see Barack as a once in a lifetime phenomenom
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Nov-10-16 04:06 PM
In fact, I'd say the battle between 1sts (black vs woman) president was happened in 2008. There's less novelty for the 1st woman president because Barack won & I think the same would have been true for Barack has Hillary won in 2008.

As for Hillary being unlikeable.. Hey, she's a crook. Most decent people don't like them. lol
<---- 5....

13092187, This is one of the worst days of my life.....
Posted by jdevolve1, Wed Nov-09-16 12:29 PM
Maybe my mood will improve next week or something....
13092206, Maybe this is the wake up call black people needed
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Nov-09-16 12:51 PM
13092230, What would a white girl do?
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 01:10 PM
13092256, probably vote for Trump
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Nov-09-16 01:37 PM
13092242, Politico: Inside the Loss Clinton Saw Coming (link)
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 01:25 PM
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-loses-2016-election-214439

its a little long but this part is crazy as shit.

The key on their end, aides agree, was learning not to surprise Clinton with bad news. Eight years ago, staffers either kept not realizing or not telling her that Obama was going to win. Maybe they were were too busy knifing each other, blaming the losses on something that someone else did wrong.
"She doesn't micromanage, but she wants to know what is going on, especially if things aren't working according to our plan," Benenson said.

The worst was New Hampshire, the moment when Brooklyn actually felt like the ground might be shifting under them and Sanders would run away with it. Mook told her she was going to lose. He told Bill Clinton too: by 20 points.

Deputy communications director Kristina Schake sent an intern to get a big supermarket layer cake to try to lighten the mood.

“Dig in,” Mook told the staff, digging into the pun, “because we’re about to get layered.”
13092258, man, as soon as her account tweet this (@ 6pm PST no less)...
Posted by PROMO, Wed Nov-09-16 01:39 PM
i knew it was a wrap. you don't talk like that unless you think you're gonna lose.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/796169187882369024
13093509, Lol, I'm pretty sure I know the exact supermarket they got that cake from.
Posted by Teknontheou, Fri Nov-11-16 02:26 PM
Probably the one on Montague St.
13092248, I really wish I was wrong about Clinton's historic weaknesses
Posted by Vex_id, Wed Nov-09-16 01:29 PM
and I wish the DNC wasn't so inept about devaluing the Progressive, millennial base in this country that was mobilized beautifully by the Sanders campaign.

But it's time to face the facts:

Bernie Sanders was the stronger General Election candidate to square off against Trump in *this* election of anti-establishment sentiment from the voters.

The DNC felt Clinton was entitled to the Presidency after 2008 - and that arrogance and short-sightedness created a smaller-tent Democratic Party that didn't get the job done.

Bernie would never have been swept in rural, rust-belt districts like Clinton was.

Let this be an important (but painful) lesson. The Millennials will soon be the largest voting bloc in the country. If the Democratcs don't harness that energy - they will have committed political malpractice of the highest order.

-->
13092303, In a race big on bigotry, a liberal New York Jew aint gonna sell in da rust
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-09-16 02:18 PM
>Bernie would never have been swept in rural, rust-belt
>districts like Clinton was.

Not to say he wouldn't have galvanized the base and etched out a win; I agree there.

But in some ways a young Obama was an easier sell then Bernie would be.
13092306, base. it was always the risk we were taking.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 02:20 PM
we took it.

then it took us.

*sigh*
13092333, Mayne we sure we still want to be in the predictions game?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Nov-09-16 02:44 PM
I had a dude at lunch, worked at the whitehouse years ago and always plays the insider, who was telling us not to worry that Hillary has it wrapped up. We were all despairing on whatsapp today and he had the nerve to make the bold prediction that Trump is going to get two terms. SMH.

The old me would have said no way bernie would have won because while he might have galvanized one base, he would have lost another and I am skeptical of this press that missed this whole enchilada under their noses who now want to tell us that this was a result of anti-establishment sentiments across the country. If Sanders ran and lost they would be saying it was the result of no party holding the white house for 3 terms.

The new me will say I am highly doubtful that Bernie would have done better because within the limited bubble I am in I know plenty of overlapping and distinct demographics who just wouldn't have voted for a Brooklyn Born Jewish Socialist who wrote rape fantasies.

You've heard all the arguments why people think he wouldn't have faired well in a general election and I'll just leave it at that because we can argue but the truth is we will never know.

>and I wish the DNC wasn't so inept about devaluing the
>Progressive, millennial base in this country that was
>mobilized beautifully by the Sanders campaign.
>
>But it's time to face the facts:
>
>Bernie Sanders was the stronger General Election candidate to
>square off against Trump in *this* election of
>anti-establishment sentiment from the voters.
>
>The DNC felt Clinton was entitled to the Presidency after 2008
>- and that arrogance and short-sightedness created a
>smaller-tent Democratic Party that didn't get the job done.
>
>Bernie would never have been swept in rural, rust-belt
>districts like Clinton was.
>
>Let this be an important (but painful) lesson. The
>Millennials will soon be the largest voting bloc in the
>country. If the Democratcs don't harness that energy - they
>will have committed political malpractice of the highest
>order.
>
>-->

13092356, Out of curiosity
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-09-16 03:01 PM
when are you going to change that avatar?
13092375, Hahaha
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 03:35 PM
13092382, My intent with that question wasn't malicious.
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-09-16 03:49 PM
I'm not trying to clown the dude, I'm just curious.

If the picture is poking at Hilary and/or Obama and I don't see the humor, my apologies.
13092443, Nah, I clicked the photo and shit looks ridiculous now
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 05:13 PM
13092386, fair enough, but lets go with what we DO know:
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 04:03 PM
Hillary failed to hit her necessary numbers for her own party for pledged delegates - in a party she had been in for 30 years - with the entire establishment behind her.

on the contrary, Bernie came in as an Independent and won over 47% of the Democratic base. Hillary supporters would have voted for Bernie. That means you get to keep that entire demographic together.

Then you pivot to the general, where Bernie was already polling ahead of Trump in double digits (vs Hillary's virtual tie). Gary Johnson and Jill Stein don't pull their numbers with Bernie in the race. Those people by and large are Bernie supporters that didn't like Hillary OR Trump.

With Bernie you don't lose the White working class vote, which lost us Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, etc.

With the voter turnout yesterday, with Bernie as the nominee, you win the Presidency and don't "lose" the Senate (unless replacing it with new progressives.

If you can't see that, then just know that Trump was the better candidate no matter what, because by your logic there is nothing better that the DNC could have done in choosing a candidate. It was just meant to be I suppose, but it didn't have to be this way. Bernie would have embarrassed Trump, AND had Warren on the ticket.

13093500, for curiousity sake -
Posted by DJ007, Fri Nov-11-16 02:13 PM
Do you guys think HIllary would have still lost with Bernie as her VP pick?
Posted by walihorse, Wed Nov-09-16 01:40 PM
its depressing
13092358, Not hard to imagine after Bush did it for 8 years nm
Posted by FILF, Wed Nov-09-16 03:05 PM
13092367, Someone in here
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-09-16 03:16 PM
has or had a picture of Bush and Bowser from those Super Mario games walking side by side on the same garden as their avatar.
13092379, Sad to say, Bush was clearly more presidential.
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-09-16 03:42 PM
As dumb as a bag of rocks? Absolutely.

But he had that "Everyman, let me rally up all the steelworkers to unionize(non-unionize since it's repub, lol)" drawl down.

How's Trump going to show compassion when the next mass shooting goes down? Can you imagine him talking to a grieving mother? LOL.
13092383, The fact the man was a two term president
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-09-16 03:52 PM
is pretty damn remarkable. Not saying at all that I like or respect him or his policies, but pretty nuts the man ran this country for 8 years.

I guess that speaks more to Karl Rove's abilities and not George Bush personally.
13092399, I and plenty others clowned Dubya for his policies or lack thereof
Posted by j., Wed Nov-09-16 04:18 PM
but the fact was
dude was relatable. People LIKED him.
his "aw, shucks" public persona drew enough of the electorate to get him elected twice
Of course the Dem's gift for nominating the worst possible candidates they can find just kept on giving
but Dubya was able to stand on his own and present a positive persona
13092478, Gore had a chance... Kerry was an "Anybody but ____!!!" candidate
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Wed Nov-09-16 06:04 PM
>but the fact was
>dude was relatable. People LIKED him.
>his "aw, shucks" public persona drew enough of the electorate
>to get him elected twice
>Of course the Dem's gift for nominating the worst possible
>candidates they can find just kept on giving
>but Dubya was able to stand on his own and present a positive
>persona
>

When your primary reason for being in the race is that you're NOT the other guy, you're going to struggle to gather the support to beat someone who's actually got a little juice behind them.

Kerry was lame compared to wartime Bush and Romney had little chance against Obama.

Trump was the "Anybody but Hillary!" candidate but, ultimately, I think she lost it more than he won it because overall turnout was relatively low. If she'd had more people actually excited about her, I think she would've easily won the electoral AND the popular vote.
13092430, absolutely
Posted by makaveli, Wed Nov-09-16 04:56 PM
we'll see how he does as president but Bush seems like an angel compared to Trump.
13092376, "You're likeable enough, Hillary". Obama caught that body 8 years ago.
Posted by micMajestic, Wed Nov-09-16 03:40 PM
Trump just put that bodybag, in a bodybag.

That statement was patronizing and unnecessary, but it was clear that he already knew what time it was with her candidacy. Sadly I was among those people who believed that either

1. There were enough people out there who genuinely liked her as a candidate, and wanted to vote for her.
2. The alternative (Trump winning) was so ridiculous that people would rally behind her out of fear.

So even though I supported Sanders initially, I'm still eating crow. But I'm going to put as much hot sauce on this crow as I can.
13092401, Donald Trump is moving to the White House, and liberals put him there:
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-09-16 04:20 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-white-house-hillary-clinton-liberals
13092513, This quote right here is everything...
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Wed Nov-09-16 07:26 PM
"The even larger problem is that there is a kind of chronic complacency that has been rotting American liberalism for years, a hubris that tells Democrats they need do nothing different, they need deliver nothing really to anyone – except their friends on the Google jet and those nice people at Goldman. The rest of us are treated as though we have nowhere else to go and no role to play except to vote enthusiastically on the grounds that these Democrats are the “last thing standing” between us and the end of the world. It is a liberalism of the rich, it has failed the middle class, and now it has failed on its own terms of electability."

DJTB YOMM
13092412, Who gets the bigger wake up call faster: White women or uneducated YT men?
Posted by Kira, Wed Nov-09-16 04:34 PM
I am resentful and hateful towards the fuckers that voted him in knowing how bad he is.

This is the equivalent of selecting a grade schooler to run Apple.
13092416, In a weird fucked up way, White women won
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-09-16 04:45 PM
Assuming things like wage equality still moves (well now crawls) towards being a respectable number the meager improvements they can say happened in the last few years off progressives back they can fool themselves into thinking it was the conservatives.

White men will just keep on blaming everyone tho
13092417, My gut tells me both are pretty much doomed at this point
Posted by Atillah Moor, Wed Nov-09-16 04:47 PM
and my hope is that those of us who don't side with them or otherwise live among them due to no choice of our (or our ancestors) own will be spared their fate.

13092425, legsdiamond called it
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Nov-09-16 04:54 PM
he's been talking a while about voters bullshitting pollsters about Trump, and we all blew it off.

bradley effect type shit

congrats?

13092447, yep, I was wary of the same thing
Posted by ThaTruth, Wed Nov-09-16 05:19 PM
13092454, i was too but i thought there would be a similar dynamic for hillary
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Nov-09-16 05:30 PM
mainly because i knew so many people voting for her that just weren't vocal about it because it wasn't worth the trouble arguing about it.

but thinking about it, it's not like they would feel the need to lie to pollsters so that was probably dumb to compare
13092457, Nah... no congrats for that shit.
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 05:31 PM
My worst fears came true.

Not sure why pundits and others are shocked. The GOP primary voter tally was huge this year.

Did people really think the general would be mostly Hilldawg voters?
13092471, I was scared as fuck but i knew deep down this wouldn't happen
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Nov-09-16 05:49 PM
then it did
13092508, Well, technically the error was in the turnout models, not the preferences.
Posted by stravinskian, Wed Nov-09-16 07:16 PM

Or so the FiveThirtyEight people have been saying.

It wasn't that people weren't saying who they'd vote for. It was pollsters incorrectly estimating what the turnout would be in each demographic group.
13092546, (which is a big part of what we've been saying)
Posted by rob, Wed Nov-09-16 08:28 PM
13092767, for months
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 11:17 AM
screaming it
13092450, Barack screamed on black folk, but shut his mouth to white suburbia...
Posted by select_from_where, Wed Nov-09-16 05:21 PM
dude should be ashamed of himself
13092452, YT Suburbia was gonna turn out for Barack? He played the game right.
Posted by BigReg, Wed Nov-09-16 05:26 PM
HIS people came out, more then expected.

The problem was that Hillary's people didn't. She's the one who was going to be the effective seller to the soccer moms and they were not buying
13092470, Real talk.. a lot better of women don't think a woman should be president.
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Nov-09-16 05:49 PM
I heard plenty of Black church folk say this back when Obama was running against Hillary. I think white women prolly felt the same way. Sure college educated feminist don't feel this way but a lot of soccer moms prolly do.

Another issue I think people misjudged was the locker room talk. The media was clutching all types of pearls on a hot mic. OKP as well. I think a lot of dudes on here and the media got caught up in the moment and thought it was a game changer.

Women, ESPECIALLY white women... don't give a a fuck about that little convo. That's some '"boys will be boys " shit.

Remember Jesse Jackson said he wanted to cut Obamas nuts off. HIS NUTS!!!

In the end I think we just misread white women and tried to clutch their pearls for them.

13092458, Yep
Posted by Lurkmode, Wed Nov-09-16 05:34 PM
>dude should be ashamed of himself

Don't Boo vote. Now what he got to say.
13092466, For the first time ever, i saw someone wearing one of those stupid hats
Posted by Mynoriti, Wed Nov-09-16 05:47 PM
today. a little 50-something lady in Costco

i know a few Trump supporters but i've never actually seen one of those red hats in person
13092486, they coming out the bushes like a fan of a historically sorry team
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Nov-09-16 06:16 PM
13092527, I'm choosing for now to not acknowledge them.
Posted by MEAT, Wed Nov-09-16 07:47 PM
I ran into a white families today that tried the normal, walk where I was going and then force me to go around them.

But I just stood there today waiting. Looking ahead. As they realized they weren't gonna win that small battle.
13092493, that Dow had an 1100-point swing between the futures last night
Posted by Flash80, Wed Nov-09-16 06:23 PM
and the intraday (all-time) high today..

what a complete farce.
13092498, One thing is very certain
Posted by Numba_33, Wed Nov-09-16 06:34 PM
The next season of Veep will be quite lit, as the kids say.
13092507, Thought Veep was finished / done?
Posted by Firecracker, Wed Nov-09-16 07:16 PM
13092601, The next season is the final one if I'm not mistaken.
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Nov-10-16 05:51 AM
13092533, bernie or bust for folks = bust, level of stupidity is unbelievable
Posted by juce72, Wed Nov-09-16 08:08 PM
13092545, i bet if you compared how many of bernie's people from 2016
Posted by rob, Wed Nov-09-16 08:28 PM
who voted for hillary

and how many of bill's people from 1992 who voted for hillary.

there wouldn't even be a discussion about this.
13092575, Gary Johnson voters are not Bernie or Busters.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed Nov-09-16 10:34 PM
They are Independents who are not Democrats or Republicans who rejected Trump AND Hillary.

*maybe* Stein voters are Bernie or busters. But that turned out to be a minority of the vote.

Gary Johnson's votes would have flipped red swing states blue.

So know what is stupid? Telling Independents they cant participate in your primary or convention (cause they would vote for Bernie) but then jerk them, get exposed, and be suprised when they don't come support you in the general.

Hillary was not running for President of the Democratic Party. She needed to appeal to Democrats, Republicans, and everything in between. She lost the damn Rust Belt smh

You want someone to blame? Blame the DNC for pushing the candidate with known and hidden negatives who polled EVEN with Trump coming out of the nominations.

No coincidence that Bernie polled +13 over Trump and after the convention Johnson went from 4 points up to 12. Those votes never came back to the DNC, and it was the DNC that shooed them away and said they didn't need them.

Worst campaign strategy in a looooonnngggggg time.
13092580, well, now trump is prez, be real careful on your surroundings next few years....
Posted by juce72, Wed Nov-09-16 10:53 PM
13092583, Where the fuck was the Illuminati?
Posted by Tw3nty, Wed Nov-09-16 11:08 PM
13092611, they play both sides so they'll always win.
Posted by Mr. ManC, Thu Nov-10-16 08:23 AM
They aren't shook about shit haha
13092595, tons of otherwise unspoken chauvinists showed up
Posted by atruhead, Thu Nov-10-16 01:56 AM
according to a knowledgeable Twitter feed who had been keeping a close watch, large groups of men who were never loud at rallies or on social media came out en masse for him

also she wasted time trying to win black people and never convinced women she was fit for the job
13092621, so the popular vote is settled now
Posted by benny, Thu Nov-10-16 08:56 AM
smh at people buying the "silent majority" narrative, when the actual majority got its pick silenced by a backwards system. I can't see the system changing soon though, the rural interests are too entrenched.

Demographics will work against it at some point, but gotdamn is it a slow and frustrating evolution
13092717, I ain't mad at the EC system
Posted by go mack, Thu Nov-10-16 10:34 AM
it makes sense. You look at maps, especially the one that shows red and blue votes by county and the blue is scarce, in big cities is why she won popular vote and by less than 1% overall so not like it was a big proportion. LA and NYC has the majority of the nation. If you would only go by popular vote, nobody would bother campaigning in the Midwest. As much as you disagree with them, they should still be heard.

Trump got about the same amount of votes as Romney did in 2012. Hillary got way fewer than Obama. People didn't turn out to support her and that is why she lost. I've accepted it, its DNC fault mainly, but time to move on.

13092759, so you're OK with the idea that not everyone's vote should count the same?
Posted by benny, Thu Nov-10-16 11:08 AM
13092790, it's a very hard problem to solve.
Posted by Nodima, Thu Nov-10-16 11:42 AM
the largest populations are in dense city areas, which are largely democratic or at least more culturally diverse and open to change.

living in a state where Omaha is 50/50 blue/red and the rest of the state, save Lincoln, is overwhelmingly red, I understand why you wouldn't want to silence the voices of 90% of the state's land mass, even if the state only has 600,000 residents of its nearly 2 million living outside the Omaha metro.

I agree that the popular vote winner losing seems fucked up on its surface, but if you give California / New York / Texas too much power over the rest of the country, what's the point of having 50 states?

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz
13092885, you're ok with civil war or succession?
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Nov-10-16 12:54 PM
Do you know what would happen if say 10 populous states wins an election when the other candidate wins 40 states?

<---- 5....

13093112, The popular vote has issues, too. 51% decides for the other 49%
Posted by flipnile, Thu Nov-10-16 04:21 PM
*potentially. Also, this two-party system really screws us as far as having choices.
13093518, Some move towards splitting up EVs proportionally would probably help.
Posted by Teknontheou, Fri Nov-11-16 02:31 PM
13092709, she lost the rust belt..
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Nov-10-16 10:30 AM
NAFTA, TPP, attacking the coal industry, etc...
<---- 5....

13092780, Hil-heads yelled us all down about what a political genius she was too
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-10-16 11:33 AM
Like, they made it sounds like she and her campaign were playing 3 dimensional chess to Trump's Go Fish.

One person on here even tried to give her credit for Trump's fumbles, which was even odd at the time.

But then you read up on the campaign, and it was a f*cking joke.

Taking certain states for granted, not having a strong presence in WI, etc.

Plus the infighting about her message, which some of us have said since DAY ONE

A lot of us said her message can't just be "not Trump!"

She and her campaign never made a case to vote FOR her. They ran an unlikable candidate with no message and little no presence in certain states.

It's like they ran a campaign from '04. Oh wait...

13092881, business genius >> political genius...
Posted by LegacyNS, Thu Nov-10-16 12:50 PM
He outflanked her & snuck behind what she thought was a blue wall...

Midwest was like:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1349/5429/products/mockup-0a5dd177_large.png

<---- 5....

13092915, he isn't a business genius though. He's a brand
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-10-16 01:21 PM

(I could be misreading your point, my apologies if so)

Yeah he tapped into anger/racism/fear/establishment hate, etc- some of it on purpose, some of it by accident.

Even at that, he did not win as much as she, her campaign, and her party lost.

We kept being yelled down by Hil-heads that she and her people were on another level politically.

This anointed-yet-disliked candidate ran a campaign with no message and ignored certain states.

A "political genius" lost PA for the dems? WI?

smh
13092929, How do you not go back to Michigan?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 01:35 PM
She lost to Bernie and still had the nerve to ignore Michigan.

The problem with Hilldawg is she took a lot of votes for granted.

The people you talk about who shouted us down on okp. They must have worked for Hilldawg because her team acted the same way.

"How dare you ignorant sexist, misogynist question her genius?"

She lost Wisconsin b. Ohio, Michigan.

This is what happens when people surround themselves with "friends" and scared men who wont speak up and tell them they are wrong. People in Hilldawgs camp were scared of her. Scared to give her bad news. Bringing her cakes and sweets before telling her she lost a primary in NH vs Bernie.
13092934, Exactly...
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-10-16 01:46 PM
>She lost to Bernie and still had the nerve to ignore
>Michigan.
>
>The problem with Hilldawg is she took a lot of votes for
>granted.
>
>The people you talk about who shouted us down on okp. They
>must have worked for Hilldawg because her team acted the same
>way.
>
>"How dare you ignorant sexist, misogynist question her
>genius?"
>
>She lost Wisconsin b. Ohio, Michigan.
>
>This is what happens when people surround themselves with
>"friends" and scared men who wont speak up and tell them they
>are wrong. People in Hilldawgs camp were scared of her. Scared
>to give her bad news. Bringing her cakes and sweets before
>telling her she lost a primary in NH vs Bernie.
>

Reading up on things and looking back in retrospect, it really is like she and her people were dinosaurs. Just completely out of touch.

It really seems like it was a campaign from before Obama. From '04 or earlier.

Taking votes for granted, ignoring states, no message, nothing.

Like they all took a pill that helped them forget everything from 04 and after.

The plan was to just sit around and tell each other and everyone how competent she was.

What a mess.

Oh wait, we got Lebron and Jay-Z or whatever.

This is the political genius?

13092922, She had policies on her website tho!!!!
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 01:25 PM
13092789, few other things...
Posted by Stadiq, Thu Nov-10-16 11:41 AM

"polls are for strippers"

Remember when we laughed at her dumb a$$? That is inadvertently the smartest thing that has ever and will ever come out of her mouth.

Also, remember when everyone was scared about how unqualified she was to be VEEP and be that close to the codes?

Yikes...

I'm glad I am seeing more accountability out there for the Dem party, I just hope changes happen. Not sure how....

I ALSO think folks need to be looking sideways at everyone from Warren to Booker to Castro to whoever for not bucking the party and getting in the primary.

Sometimes you gotta tell your bosses to f*ck off.

Look what these loyal Democrat soldiers helped get us...

It also hit me today what a terrible VP pick she had my god. I didn't even think about it much at the time, but looking back-

The other side is running a populist non-establishment message, you are succeeding a popular, relatively young, and dynamic BLACK president, and

she picked a quart of Vanilla Ice cream that had a few words in Spanish on the back.

Jesus 2004 Chr!st her campaign and the party really f*cked this up badly.
13092930, She may not have won VA without Kaine
Posted by Cocobrotha2, Thu Nov-10-16 01:36 PM
He wasn't much use otherwise.
13092948, True. But that shows how bad of a candidate she was IMO
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 02:01 PM
VA shoulda been a cake walk.

When we said Hillary was hated I don't think people really understood how deep and real it was...

that hate aged like a fine wine
13092944, Ole kissing the wind ass Tim Kaine
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 01:58 PM
That dude tried so hard to be tough in his debate he kept interrupting Pence when he was about to put his foot on his mouth.

...and then there's Pocahontas. When Trump called her that it was a wrap.

The big problem with this election was the media. They tried to push a feminist movement and I think progressives found out that a lot of women LIKE men. Especially women in rural areas and suburbs.

We also found out that white women in those areas don't like being told how to vote. All we heard is how they wouldn't vote for him because he said pussy. White teachers and milfs are out here FUCKING students.

I think OKP really had no clue about these white women. These women don't give a fuck.

..and college educated white women? The ones who throw Afro parties and dress up in black face. They vote too.

13092967, White folks are taking this way harder in my fb feed.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Nov-10-16 02:18 PM
Black people like "oh, well. let's get to work", "same ole same ole".

White people like "I can't get out of bed! How!?!?"

I generalize, but yeah.

13093099, Same. Liberal white people legit don't know how their cousins operate
Posted by caramelapplebttms, Thu Nov-10-16 04:11 PM
Maybe they aren't playing dumb after all.

Maybe they are genuinely shocked.
13093102, They are shocked.., completely shocked
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 04:13 PM
13093165, White girl from my office wants to go have a drink and talk about it
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Thu Nov-10-16 05:52 PM
If I go I know I will eventually have to comfort her and tell her it will be okay and I will officially be a magic negro.

13093168, She wants to know that she's still one of the "good ones"
Posted by caramelapplebttms, Thu Nov-10-16 06:21 PM
Hit her with the Malcolm X/ white college student combo.
13093184, White dude at my job asked me what are we gonna do now?
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 07:15 PM
I hit him with the real.

I never trusted white america.

Dude is sad as shit and spending all day on FB looking at white people post sad shit.

He also tried to debate with the office idiot.

13093464, so true
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Fri Nov-11-16 01:33 PM
13093113, trump considering jamie dimon for treasury secretary
Posted by Flash80, Thu Nov-10-16 04:22 PM
so the guy who ran on anti-establishment/anti-elite wants one of the biggest gangsters ever on wall street to ride wit 'em?

LOL

dimon said he's not interested, but still. day 2 and trump's already contradicting his own platform.
13093181, They listed possible cabinet members. Thought it was a joke
Posted by Pamalama, Thu Nov-10-16 06:52 PM
but if it ain't...still hoping it is...

Rudy Guliani: Attorney General (No police accountability here)
Ben Carson: Department of Education
Newt Gingrich: Secretary of State
Sarah Palin: Department of Interior
Bobby Jindal: Deparment of Human Services
13093187, Lawd... these white people about to find out.
Posted by legsdiamond, Thu Nov-10-16 07:21 PM
What scares me is I think people are going to work hard as fuck in congress now and it will make these fools look competent.

13093194, They say his fam is trying to talk him out of Bannon for Chief of Staff
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Thu Nov-10-16 07:58 PM
Breitbart Steve Bannon.

i really wouldn't be surprised if he got that Milo dude as Communications Director or Press Secretary
13093230, yo that first meeting between Newt and Boris Johnson gonna be lit
Posted by benny, Thu Nov-10-16 10:02 PM
13093449, Peter Thiel Said to Join Trump’s Presidential Transition Team
Posted by shygurl, Fri Nov-11-16 01:21 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-11/peter-thiel-joins-trump-s-presidential-transition-team

Honestly besides literally having the Devil on his team, I can't imagine a worse, more selfish, insular group of savages. Fuck them all.
13093233, mood...lol
Posted by DJ007, Thu Nov-10-16 10:31 PM
https://youtu.be/Nfrk2UdEOcQ
Posted by GriftyMcgrift, Thu Nov-10-16 10:45 PM
just rememebr that white folks created a whole seperate political party because of obama
13093411, Wanted to extend a hand to Murph....
Posted by denny, Fri Nov-11-16 12:17 PM
We didn't always agree but I learned alot from his political knowledge. I've noticed he's absent so if you're reading this Murph....Thanks for your contributions during the election. My real life friends are mostly knuckleheads so I needed an outlet for election talk and this place served well. It's an understatement to say that this entire board is incredibly disappointed....hope you're finding comfort somehow.
13093420, RE: Wanted to extend a hand to Murph....
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Nov-11-16 12:42 PM
>We didn't always agree but I learned alot from his political
>knowledge. I've noticed he's absent so if you're reading this
>Murph....Thanks for your contributions during the election.
>My real life friends are mostly knuckleheads so I needed an
>outlet for election talk and this place served well. It's an
>understatement to say that this entire board is incredibly
>disappointed....hope you're finding comfort somehow.
>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He was a fun guy to chop it up with even tho he was always telling me I was "wrong dawg"
13093469, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted by Mr. ManC, Fri Nov-11-16 01:37 PM