Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyeah, man. he kinda just fizzled? idk, but his come up was around what was
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13077177&mesg_id=13077201
13077201, yeah, man. he kinda just fizzled? idk, but his come up was around what was
Posted by poetx, Tue Oct-04-16 03:30 PM
a great era for me in music, w/ Tom Browne, 'Nard Wright, and cats like that (guess you can extend backwards and add Grover Washington Jr and Herb Alpert an nem).

they had great musical chops and their albums had everything from funk to fusion to straight ahead to ballads to (as in Rodney's case) gospel. but this was right in that 80's inflection point w/ the music biz where they started ghettoizing music. it was pretty much a wrap by the 90s. shit that was neither here nor there, categorically, ended up nowhere.

in searching for dude i saw that there was a fender rhodes concert w/ RF, robert glasper, patrice rushen, lalah hathaway, okp's own mashibeats (mark de Clive-Lowe, who posts in the lessahn from time to time) in 2015. mannn... i got to get my paper up. that had to be an amazing show.

maybe RF just quietly kept doing his thing the whole time.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad