Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectco-workers using adderall. fair, or it don't matter?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13077146
13077146, co-workers using adderall. fair, or it don't matter?
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Dec-31-69 07:00 PM
co-worker recently admitted (at the bar) that he churns out real good/fast work cause he be drugged up on adderall sometimes.

i played it all the way cool in the moment, like it was nothing major to me - but i was freaking out on the inside.

this place is kinda competitive (no problems mom, im the best out of all these niggas) and it makes perfect sense that some of these white clowns would be drugged up with all these deadlines.

but i aint see the shit coming at all.

i wasn't sure if i needed to call my supplier and ask him/her for some, snitch, or be pissed at his 'advantage'.

clearly, i don't know shit about adderall. but the shit don't seem fair.

but is this a 'thing' in the workplace?

would you be worried?

Poll question: co-workers using adderall. fair, or it don't matter?

Poll result (3 votes)
not fair. but im not sure what to do about it. (0 votes)Vote
not fair. i might need me some - to even the playing field. (0 votes)Vote
fair. i do it, too. (0 votes)Vote
don't none of this shit matter. i need a job. (3 votes)Vote

13077151, next time just tell the story and forget the poll....
Posted by Trinity444, Tue Oct-04-16 02:46 PM
13077153, i fight you.
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Oct-04-16 02:47 PM
13077152, If that's what s/he feels they need to do, more power to 'em.
Posted by Hitokiri, Tue Oct-04-16 02:47 PM
But I don't know what it's like to work in a competitive field.
13077162, 4 years as a Federal Investigator, I see it all day everyday. Baggies of it
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Tue Oct-04-16 02:57 PM
in desks, shared like candy.
13077346, interesting. what's your take-away.
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Oct-04-16 08:06 PM
13077979, Unless they're being investigated for something other than a security -
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Wed Oct-05-16 07:22 PM
clearance or drug related issues.
13077166, I pop modafinil.
Posted by double negative, Tue Oct-04-16 02:59 PM
Or rather I was for a second

I'm sitting on a fucking mountain of the shit.

I found that it does help focus

buuuuuuut I also found that it works best in the home office where I can just work through the stuff while it works through my system.

Being in a packed train gacked out of my brain on the shit was just. TOO. FUCKING. MUCH.

I literally wanted to jump off a building because my brain was taking in massive amounts of data

If it works for them it works for them.

I just save it for when the work piles high
13077284, ^^^
Posted by dustin, Tue Oct-04-16 05:37 PM
13077571, Never felt like I needed this stuff before I had a child
Posted by micMajestic, Wed Oct-05-16 10:13 AM
But now that I have more chores and less sleep, modafinil works like a charm.
13077582, ^ ^ ^
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Wed Oct-05-16 10:30 AM
13077167, whatever happened to a good ol cup of joe
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Oct-04-16 03:00 PM
everybody has to take a damn pill in this country these days
13077174, the coke here is free. i never understood the coca cola affect
Posted by Kwesi, Tue Oct-04-16 03:08 PM
but that shit is real.

i drank a can once in anticipation for an all nighter.

shits ridiculous.

what's adderall like?
13077226, careful. thats how you get fat
Posted by double negative, Tue Oct-04-16 03:55 PM
13077261, and your teeth rot
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Oct-04-16 05:01 PM
13077254, Adderall is meth.
Posted by denny, Tue Oct-04-16 04:49 PM
Yes. You're co-worker has a HUGE advantage by taking Adderall. It's basically steroids for the workplace. It will significantly increase your productivity. The pitfalls are that you can tweak....or in plain english, become more productive but less efficient. Ie Spend too much time on an insignificant detail. So you may tweak. It will also effect your personality. You might become more aggressive and egotistical. It's very bad for your health and after prolonged use....you will have trouble focusing and/or thinking clearly without it. A large majority of baseball players take it (they used to call them 'greenies'). The blue jay pitcher in the game tonight....Marcus Stroman....watch dude basically chew his tongue off between pitches tweaking out on the adderall.

But in the short-term. Yes, you are at a disadvantage. My boss takes it and once in a while I feel like reminding him that we're not all on adderall when he becomes demanding.

If there was ever a zombie apocalypse or if our cities were under siege....the first thing I would do is seek out a large supply of adderall and/or dexedrine. Other than something like that....it's not worth effing up your life for. I took it regularly for a few years. It catches up to you. I've also used it casually which is the best option if you don't have an addictive personality. So say you have to move or undertaking a big project.....perfect time to do it and get a week's worth of work done in 24 hours.
It's different from coke. Coke lasts 45 minutes and then you hit the downslide. A heavy dose of adderall can last 20 hours without having to take more than the one dose. That's why so many crackheads have turned to meth. The high lasts so much longer and the addiction takes less maintenance.....way cheaper.
13077276, Work? Lol
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Oct-04-16 05:18 PM
The LAST thing I want to do on any of that shit is work. I don't understand the stories about ppl who take shit like that for the job. I think one has to be predisposed. All I ever did on it was dance (in night clubs), have sex or look for sex. Work was not at all considered. Hell, I was high as fuck - I'd have been spotted at work. That would've killed my buzz. Hell naw.
13077336, That's probably a dosage issue though.
Posted by denny, Tue Oct-04-16 07:26 PM
If you take 10mg of adderall on Monday morning you're not gonna be sweating and looking bugged out like the cookie monster pupils and all that.

Dancing all night at the club is a heavier, get effed up type dosage. Speaking of which....I haven't danced to house music for hours on end since I've been sober. I think I'm gonna ask my friend (also sober) if he wants to do an experiment and see if we can hit up an afterhours club sans drugs and still get into the dance as deeply. Goddamn I miss that. I'm guessing it won't be the same. Won't be able to lose myself in it the way i used to.
13077488, yeah that's it.
Posted by SoWhat, Wed Oct-05-16 07:27 AM
I never did less than 60 mg at a time. Lol

And yes I have danced my ass off when totally sober. My first rave back in the 90s was my intro to House and Techno and I was stone cold sober. I was also the only sober person in that warehouse. Anyway I danced for 6 hours and had the time of my life to that point. The next time I took acid. Lol. Since then I've been out to clubs more than once and stayed sober for one reason or another. If the music was hitting I was still able to give myself over to it.
13077544, ^^^^ still makes fires with sticks
Posted by micMajestic, Wed Oct-05-16 09:34 AM
>everybody has to take a damn pill in this country these days

If you're not opposed to stimulants, then why would you be opposed to advances in that field?
13077223, I got that mid if you interested
Posted by infin8, Tue Oct-04-16 03:52 PM
13077229, it doesn't matter
Posted by kingjerm78, Tue Oct-04-16 04:00 PM
13077233, had a law school classmate tell me she used coke
Posted by Bluebear, Tue Oct-04-16 04:05 PM
to help her study in undergrad. I'll pass thanks. Somewhere down the line you end up paying for that stuff.
13077273, only narc ass bitches would give a damn.
Posted by SoWhat, Tue Oct-04-16 05:14 PM
Wtf I look like harshing a coworker's high? If they like it I love it.
13077283, ^^^
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Oct-04-16 05:32 PM
13077274, could sure use some right now lol ... 3:00 sluggishness is so real
Posted by Amritsar, Tue Oct-04-16 05:16 PM
13077288, It doesn't matter // College was WAY worse
Posted by dustin, Tue Oct-04-16 05:40 PM
All of my classmates in college taking adderrall bothered me more than if one of my co-workers did it. My new manager casually mentioned modafinil and I had to pretend I didn't know all about that shit just cuz I didn't want that established.

But college though, it was so competitive that at times I wish we had USADA up in there taking random piss samples.
13077530, Looks like a small does of LSD is a better option
Posted by Quincy Lovehandles, Wed Oct-05-16 09:10 AM
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/lsd-microdosing-drugs-silicon-valley

13077538, lord. this whole shit is turning my world upside down.
Posted by Kwesi, Wed Oct-05-16 09:21 AM
13077559, I believe in microdosing.
Posted by double negative, Wed Oct-05-16 10:05 AM
weed, kratom

its pretty fucking productive to have shit going in the background d
13077995, Those muhfuckas burn out and they aren't learning...
Posted by CRichMonkey, Wed Oct-05-16 08:16 PM
The goal isn't to do work fast, it's to do work right and, as a manager, I know who my workhorses are who just get shit done and who actually knows what they're doing.

We've had hypes up in the office and it is what it is, it doesn't make you any better at politicking or doing the real shit that gets you promoted (see: being liked by the right people).

my avy: Deep in your heart, you know he's right: http://coreyrichardsonneedsajob.com/
my hustle: http://SupaSoulSounds.com

*RIP: John T. "220v" Richardson, Blessing Benson, and Dilla*
13077998, That's just wrong though.
Posted by denny, Wed Oct-05-16 08:45 PM
The proof is in the pudding on this one. ALOT of politicians also use adderall and/or dexedrine. There's not a doubt in my mind that the Palin drug rumors were a result of this. It certainly DOES help with socializing. Increases confidence, lowers inhibitions, enables one to exude energy, makes you more talkative, more extroverted.

It it doesn't just increase the speed of your work. By definition....it causes one to be more detail-oriented too.

It sucks that it's true because it causes contradictions with the good advice of staying away from it. But the fact is.....drugs work. People wouldn't use them if they didn't. The real truths of drugs are complicated. Adderall use WILL benefit you. Sometimes...those benefits may even out-weigh the drawbacks and potential dangers. After all....this is why doctors actually prescribe it in the first place.
13078072, lol dude tried to give a mentor spiel in here. We're all adults
Posted by micMajestic, Thu Oct-06-16 08:01 AM
The reality is there are nootropics and prescriptions meds out there there that can potentially make you better at all the stuff he was just talking about. But they all come at a price.
13078195, In certain fields everyone has a prescription.
Posted by Triptych, Thu Oct-06-16 12:29 PM
Take it or don't take it but get you a prescription lol. It's a new form of privilege.