Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't hate Hillary at all - she has a lot of upside as a candidate
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13073514&mesg_id=13073968
13073968, I don't hate Hillary at all - she has a lot of upside as a candidate
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Sep-26-16 03:30 PM
but how the DNC adjudicated the primary is unacceptable. DWS was shameful in her leadership as chair of DNC - and the fact that Clinton gave her a cushy job literally *minutes* after the scandal broke and DWS stepped down was indicative of the above-the-law entitlement of the Clintons.

There was absolutely no reason to tip the primary scales in Clinton's favor. She had everything going for her already - and likely would've won even without bias at the top of the DNC and the superdelegate fiasco - so to still try to tip the scales - even with everything in her favor - does a lot to impede faith in her honesty and integrity.

Finally, in this presidential election - Bernie Sanders was the stronger general election candidate who would not be having this close of a battle with Donald Trump.

All that being said - Clinton is the far superior candidate to Donald Trump - and they aren't in the same universe. What Clinton is campaigning for (particularly on the domestic front) are issues that I advocate and fight for as well. My main concern with a Clinton Administration pertains to Foreign Policy. There hasn't been a lot of substance to the Foreign Policy debate and I'm deeply concerned about her scaling back the gains from the Obama Administration (distancing from Israel/Saudi Arabia - the success of the Iran Deal - restraint in Syria and with Russia). I see her escalating tensions in a time when we need measured restraint. But Trump is so unacceptable that I'm actively pushing for a Clinton presidency at this point - and then we'll deal w/ her administration once the fascist is defeated.

-->