Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI was at a Warren event in NH over the weekend....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13071197&mesg_id=13073711
13073711, I was at a Warren event in NH over the weekend....
Posted by Vex_id, Mon Sep-26-16 10:56 AM
She was stumping for Maggie Hassan (who is trying to topple Kelly Ayotte for a Senate seat) and also was pitching for Hillary. She did an incredible job and is one of the most important politicians of our time.

The atmosphere was interesting. There was significant tension from DNC members who were shaming Bernie supporters for not wanting to actively canvass for Clinton. On one hand - I understand where they're coming from as defeating Trump should be the first piece of business for anybody interested in mitigating damage and preserving stability. But on the other hand - I feel like they should've been more cognizant of the fact that Bernie nearly doubled Clinton here in NH in the primary - and there are better ways to approach Bernie supporters than to try and shame them into canvassing for Hillary (which won't happen anyway). The best you could hope for from them is to convince them to vote for Clinton and then to hold her administration accountable for "the most progressive platform in Democratic history").

I'm hosting a canvass with MoveOn.Org in NH in association with their "Stop the Hate" campaign to defeat Trump - and am happy to say that the canvass efforts have turned significant republican voters into Johnson voters here in NH. In fact, Johnson is polling better in NH than in virtually any other state - and a lot of those voters would-be Trump voters in a Trump v. Clinton head-to-head. So I do think Clinton will likely win NH - and part of that is because Johnson is siphoning votes from Trump in this state.

I think a more apt strategy than trying to scold and lecture Bernie voters to actively canvass for Hillary is to try and speak to independents/center-right voters who may not be on Team Hillary - but also are concerned about Trump's fascism - yet still feel the need to vote given the civic duty that has been embedded in them. For them - voting for anyone not-named Trump is a victory for November.
-->