Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI mean ideologically I align with Stein more, and as I've explained
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13071197&mesg_id=13071436
13071436, I mean ideologically I align with Stein more, and as I've explained
Posted by Lardlad95, Tue Sep-20-16 10:24 AM
before my vote will be cast in a blue city in a very red state...essentially I couldn't help Clinton win this state even if I started knocking on doors 8 years ago.

That being said, Clinton isn't so far away from me ideologically that I would suggest that there's no difference between her winning or Trump winning. There's a massive difference, but I don't appreciate how people who are voting for one of the two major parties frame this, as if ideology can only be broken down to specific policies.

Ideologically I don't agree with the two party system so voting for Jill or Gary could be (and for some people is) about simply trying to get a third party candidate to perform well and force the major parties to reexamine the voters they're trying to reach or the policies they're pursuing.

American republican democracy is such a joke right now. It's almost laughable. Not agreeing with one of two people is the difference between sanity and George W. Bush...or Donald Trump...etc.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻