Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCan we discuss the Geography of the show (I know) but hear me out...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13065337&mesg_id=13089501
13089501, Can we discuss the Geography of the show (I know) but hear me out...
Posted by placee_22, Wed Nov-02-16 12:47 PM
First, I assume that not all the geography of the show is to be taken literally, but it's very interesting and a lot of it, I assume is based on where they could get permission to film. I'm most curious about where everyone lives, I'm probably gonna go back through all the episodes just to try to make out where the less obvious places were.

A few observations:

Back to the 1st episode. Ol' boy gets shot on the corner of
Chappell Road and Simpson(Joseph E.Boone) - Westside

I'm pretty sure Earn's parents live on the westside too, I couldn't make the street out.
I can't really tell where Van lives. Could be somewhere out on the westside near 285, judging by the apartment.

Earn went to Zesto and got played about the Kids meal. I think the only Zesto left is on Moreland Ave. - Eastside

In fact, most of the scenes when Earn is walking look like they're on the Eastside. Like when he happens upon the people dressed as cows for free sandwich day, which is hilarious and real as hell.

Earn walks up to Goldrush eating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, but the closest Chick-fil-a is on cleveland ave which is walkable, but kinda far. He woulda been finished that sandwich way before he got there. Pleasers maybe he'd still be eatin, but Goldrush is like over a mile away.

Also Earn walks to his storage unit which is clearly out in Marietta, judging by the Big Lots and Goodwill he walks by when he's headed there.

I'll be back with more