Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectClinton on Foreign Policy tonight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13049421&mesg_id=13050713
13050713, Clinton on Foreign Policy tonight
Posted by Vex_id, Fri Jul-29-16 12:24 AM
The Democratic Convention was exceptionally well-done and was a glittery representation of the aggregate full-spectrum of America. Clinton's speech tonight was remarkably substantive - and there's no doubt that she's a superior candidate to the fraudulence of Trump.

To be honest - I didn't feel the genuine electricity in her oratory - but I realize that as it pertains to oratory and presence - President Obama set the bar impossibly high. We may never see a President as gifted in oratory and presence as Barack Obama.

There is one policy area I'm watching very closely: Foreign Policy. Tonight Clinton was very clear on the following points:

(1) She took a much harder-line on Iran, saying that "now it's time to enforce the Iran Nuclear Deal." Is she implying that Obama has not been enforcing the deal? I think that's a precursor to her stance on Iran - which has always been quite confrontational and doubtful in her belief of productive diplomacy with Iran.

(2) She signaled an escalation in conflict with Russia - which has been a deep concern of many Foreign Policy experts. When the Russia-Ukraine conflict surfaced, many were urging Obama to exert military force - but he exercised restraint. I believe President Clinton will be more aggressive towards Russia.

(3) Clinton reiterated her unconditional support of Israel again tonight. No surprise there, but it is disappointing when there is no mention of the human rights of Palestinians nor the fact that Israel is engaged in an apartheid-like regime.

As it pertains to Foreign Policy - were you satisfied with the messaging from Hillary Clinton tonight?
-->