Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere are beautiful, interesting, fun people of every race...but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13049018&mesg_id=13049494
13049494, There are beautiful, interesting, fun people of every race...but...
Posted by Lardlad95, Wed Jul-27-16 08:33 AM
I'm black yall. And I'm black yall. and I'm blacker than black, cuz I'm black yall.

Seriously though, it's important to me to be a black man, with a black family.

I don't think dating outside of your race makes you less black. I don't think dating only outside of your race makes you less black, I think you might be a little touched in the noggin, but you're still black.

However, saying just fall in love with anyone rings hollow to me. I choose to date black women because I believe in building a strong, black nation. Part of that means choosing a spouse who has beautiful, African features, and a connection to black culture. Raising children so that they understand the importance, worth, and majesty of our culture.

That doesn't mean I hate other people, or I don't respect their cultures, or find them interesting or beautiful...

But I'm for black people, and I don't think I could truly be for black people in the way that I believe is important while having a white wife...or an asian wife...or in some instances a Latin wife.

Date who you want....but this shit is deeper to me than just...that person was fun, and sexy, so I'm with them. That shit is important...but there are other aspects of a relationship to take into consideration. Is this person ambitious? Do the compliment me? And in my opinion, do that line up with the life I want to live?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻