Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectInteresting.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13049018&mesg_id=13049385
13049385, Interesting.
Posted by denny, Tue Jul-26-16 07:50 PM
I don't share that experience. Other than when i was 13/14....i can't even remember one instance wherein white people had a problem with my friends or partners/family.

One thing I find interesting....it was noted above that there's a possible phenomenon in which some black men who exclusively date white women often have relationship problems with their mothers. Obviously me and you are an extremely small sample size but it's notable that both of us had problematic relationships with our moms, primarily raised by our fathers....and we both date mostly black women.

Which brings me back to a prejudice that I'm aware of in myself. I've said this here before....but I have a general assumption that white women are more opportunistic and less loyal than black women in terms of relationships. Quicker to trade you in if you have fallen on ruff times. Less supportive if you lose a job and that type of stuff. I assume that my prejudice is based on anecdotal evidence....that it's probably not fair to white women. But nonetheless...I know i have that suspicion/prejudice. Seems likely that it comes from my mom and her troubles.