Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI don't believe giving opinions=caring
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13049018&mesg_id=13049299
13049299, I don't believe giving opinions=caring
Posted by BabyYoda, Tue Jul-26-16 04:35 PM
>my experience tends to be large social groups where some
>people are in IR's and some arent and the discussion pops up
>about relationships in general.
>
>...or maybe the fellas are out or its bar talk and the
>discussiln pops up.
>
>its just talking, i dont think anyone has ever told someone to
>stfu when giving their opinion but its moreso on the lines of
>"you wouldnt know because you havent experienced it"
>
>people are free to give opinions whether right or wrong, it
>shouldnt stop someone from enjoying their mate unless they
>have some issues they havent addressed.
>
>I'm from Western PA, toxic interracial relationship capital of
>the original 13 colonies. I have witnessed an amazing amount
>of ignorance disguised as "love" was used to justify some
>messy shit.

Of course a person is entitled to give an opinion regarding relationships, but my issue arises when said opinion affects how one treats another person based on the opinion or perception.

Another thing, toxic relationships exist across the board. There is no group that is immune to these types of relationships. But, what puzzles me is how people will assume IR relationships occur based on archaic stereotypes when in reality, they happen primarily the way an endogamous relationship happens.

Moral of the story is that people are people and they will deal with those who choose to deal with them. The reasons may vary from person to person, but I do not know one person who has ever got with someone based solely on skin color. Gotta get along with the person you are dealing with in order for shit to work.

Lastly, there are people who simply have specific preferences. With specific preferences, unfortunately, there will be people who will fall outside of that person's specific preference. That is life. But, that doesn't mean that the person outside one person's preference applies to the next person. We all meet someone's preference.

I just do not care for the double standard some people place on Black men and women who choose to be in IR relationships. I have not read one positive thing concerning these types of people which is problematic. But, of course, these same people have to live by certain rules and regulations regarding what can be discussed or not, how to love someone or not, etc. No person lives like that nor should they live like that.