Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI would have to really know them to cast judgment
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13049018&mesg_id=13049284
13049284, I would have to really know them to cast judgment
Posted by kevb, Tue Jul-26-16 03:52 PM
i don't really know anyone who only dates outside of their race. I know some people who may date more women of color than white women, but they haven't totally ruled out white women and I know some brothas who date more white women than sistas, but do occasionally date black women.

I have never met anyone outside of my father's wife's son who has never had a white girlfriend, but I've never asked him why because for one, it's not that serious, and two, i'ont really fuck with him.

I married a Korean after exclusively dating women of color and 95% of them being Black women. Her record is all black men, but that's just two including me. One relationship lasted almost 7 years and we've been together 15.

People have their preferences for whatever reason. I remember being conflicted early in our relationship because I was really feeling her, but the fact that she wasn't Black dampened what kind of future I saw for ourselves. I didn't see her becoming my wife because I never envisioned having a non-Black wife, but I really dug her and so did my Black mom, Black grandma, and my Black sister. I got over the confliction and this past summer was our 10 year anniversary and we have 2 beautiful kids.

At the end of the day, everyone has to do what makes them happy, but I am still curious as to why some folks choose to not date anyone from their ethnic group, race, tribe, etc.

kev