Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectan interesting first day....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13048449&mesg_id=13048920
13048920, an interesting first day....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Tue Jul-26-16 02:04 AM
to the good... Michelle Obama's speech was amazing....Corey Booker...Elizabeth Warren....Al Franken...and Bernie were all solid also..

on the one hand it's great to see the party passionate about the direction of the party.... It really...is..and the Democrats have a really deep bench of people to communicate their message..

as far as the upheaval though..

the emails.... I think people are losing the context of the emails in that the DNC was justifiably salty towards Bernie. Hillary Clinton conceded a lot sooner, and in a much closer race than this one....

and Bernie isn't even a Democrat.... of course they would be suspect about the impact of him not coming to the table sooner.

DWS going...that's fine...I mean if it were up to me...Howard Dean would still be the head of the DNC...lol. His 50 state strategy got the Democrats back in the game in a major way... I haven't been 100% about the of the DNC since him...

but all the whoopin and hollering the Bernie folks did inside today...that should have been handled months ago... Bernie would haved still gotten all the concessions in the plank he ended up getting because he had obviously brought so many supporters in... him holding out on coming to the table is why you have all this upheaval.... He may have Caucused with the Democrats..but he's not a registered Democrat, and that Independent style of his delayed him being a team player sooner..... His supporters should have been in their feelings months ago...

Tommorow will be pretty hectic too with the actual nomination....

by Wednesday you'll see more unity start to come together....

President Obama will be big for that..