Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: BUT...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13040224&mesg_id=13044217
13044217, RE: BUT...
Posted by StephBMore, Thu Jul-14-16 04:07 PM
>first of all that gas station seemed to be nowhere near the
>murder so and SHE didn't buy anything so the only way to know
>she was there with him is to HOPE the hearse driver saw her
>face on the news (if they'd even put that story on the news in
>NYC) and then remember seeing her at the gas station in a cab
>then try to describe Naz to the cops or give the cab number
>which he probably didn't bother to take note of or remember.

So here is the thing...they made sure to show the hearse driver walk over to her, look her dead in her face, and make that comment. He spoke to her more than once. Now all he really has to do is say "I saw her at this gas station." and even if he doesnt' remember what she looks like, it was all on video. There is a reason they showed that scene specifically.

>even Bodie and his boy would just be able to describe him at
>best but they didn't know they drove a cab and parked it on
>the block. same for the neighbor, he already said he couldn't
>nail down the guy except to say he wasn't white and that he
>drove off in a cab (isn't there like 100,000 cabs in NYC and
>95% aren't driven by white people?).

You are right but Bodie knew him when he saw him, and that's what's more important. as far as the neighbor, had he gotten away eventually they would have realized that he meant he drove off in a cab and he would say "oh he was parked here" in front of the hydrant. Smart cops would look for a ticket and see a cab got ticketed and who owned it. this would lead them back to the dad and the other guys who own the cab.

>
>like i said, even WITH leaving forensic evidence as long as
>Naz doesn't find a way to get his DNA and fingerprints into
>the system, he probably skates without the traffic stop.
>

I don't believe he didn't leave any evidence but as you said if he's not in the system, they couldn't pinpoint him. however, if this lead back to the dad, they could ask him to give a sample and the sample would come back as a relative match.

i just feel all of it would have led back to him eventually. the story set it up that way. i watch crime stories all the time, they would have gotten this together eventually.