Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Not downplaying Future at all. But this run was Metro fueled
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13033063&mesg_id=13034213
13034213, RE: Not downplaying Future at all. But this run was Metro fueled
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jun-15-16 07:29 PM
yeah man march madness wasnt boomin. trap niggas wasnt boomin. commas wasnt boomin. these songs may not have charted because they arent official singles. but lets not act like these arent signature future songs and club smashes. a metro/future run doesn't happen without that groundwork from other producers.

if it was just metro then how come the only track he had that's really done anything in the last 2 years w/o future was Tuesday (and Drake plucked that one from eternal obscurity to make it hot)

i mean i know the Father Stretch My Hands joint with Ye got meme'd to hell and back but Metro will tell you himself he didn't do much on that track and the tag was just added to make it more hype.

it's a lot of credit to go around man. metro thank his lucky stars that future took him on board. future had already proved himself to be capable of making hits before metro was even a thing. he's gold. a1. already a southern legend.

a better act for FlyLo to make his point with would've been Rae Sremmurd. they are basically mike will's rap voice. he's disrespecting not only future but future's other frequent collaborators like mike will, southside, zaytoven, nard & b and more.