Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMcDonald breakfast bowl (chorizo)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13032566
13032566, McDonald breakfast bowl (chorizo)
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jun-10-16 10:41 AM
Here's an obligatory opening statement: yes we know fast food is bad for you and McDonalds aint shit compared to Chez Montells around your block. Yes, fast food will induce diabetes, heart attacks, and more Fetty Wap music. And yes, Prince is dead, why the fuck is this even a notion? Ok, having laid the groundwork for typical mouthbreathing okp dynamics:

The chorizo one *(yes its fast food version of chorixo, not Juans down the street, albertos, or your aunt Zimas) is NOT bad.

I had it a few weeks ago on a whim and didn't like it. Today I needed some ff breakfast as I was late and was going for the sausage mc muffdiver but seeing that chorizo gave me that vibe

shit was good..and that hash brown to top it off or bottom it off rather was just right

Grade: A-
13032572, my issue with fast food ain't so much the concept or the ingredients
Posted by SooperEgo, Fri Jun-10-16 10:51 AM
it's the careless way the shit is thrown together.

every fast food spot got a few things on the menu that, if made the right way, would be great.

and by the right way i mean made like you give a damn. make it like you care about what you're doing. hell, make it like you'd make it for your mother.

but with them having to churn out so much so fast, quality goes out the window.

13032575, Went to a McDonald's last week that had great service and
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Jun-10-16 11:10 AM
EVERYTHING was made perfectly - Quarter Pounder looked like the commercial, fries were fresh and salted with just the right amount. Service was very polite. They had a sign in the window that said they were hiring starting at $12 @ hour - that extra bump over minimum wage at that franchise must have them getting staff that actually care about doing a good job.
13032578, if Wendy's could make this the right way, i'd order it:
Posted by SooperEgo, Fri Jun-10-16 11:15 AM
https://www.wendys.com/en-us/hamburgers/bacon-mozzarella-cheeseburger

it's a great concept. but poor execution kills it for me
13032583, I remember way back when I first went to In and Out Burger
Posted by Cam, Fri Jun-10-16 11:25 AM
I too was impressed by the quality and friendliness, and similarly saw a "we're hiring" sign on the door. I don't remember the pay, but it was at least double what minimum wage was at the time.

I wonder how much Chick-Fil'A and Shake Shack pay?
13032585, I'd love to see a study on the return on investment
Posted by soulfunk, Fri Jun-10-16 11:30 AM
for a chain like that when a franchise owner ups the pay and ends up getting better staff. I'd think it would greatly improve the quality of even the existing staff - because they would actually want to keep their jobs. With lower turnover and more experienced staff who are motivated to do a good job and are more efficient because of their experience, it's gotta have a huge effect on repeat customers and the bottom line.
13032587, To have this post spiral into a hole other direction
Posted by Numba_33, Fri Jun-10-16 11:48 AM
>I wonder how much Chick-Fil'A and Shake Shack pay?

compared to the original post (I hope the original poster doesn't mind too much), I'd love to know if those higher tiered more expensive fast food joints (Shake Shack, In-And-Out, Five Guys) are better nutritionally than the common place fast food joints (McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's). By that I mean are the ingredients fresher and less chemically processed than the mess concocted at the common place burger joints? I'll never forget the chapter of Fast Food Nation when the author goes into detail about the flavor additives that goes into McDonald's products. Fortunately there are options here in NYC where I can get Bison/Ostrich burgers, but I'd love to try out a Shake Shack or Five Guys once in a while without the fear I'm ingesting a ton of chemicals in the process.
13032591, think about the lettuce & tomato you get on an In & Out burger vs
Posted by SooperEgo, Fri Jun-10-16 11:57 AM
mcdonalds/wendys tiered places
13032649, For unhealthy food, Shake Shack is healthy
Posted by Cam, Fri Jun-10-16 01:27 PM
https://www.shakeshack.com/food-and-drink/

Not sure about 5 Guys, but the take those raw potatoes from those 50lb bags lying around the store, cut them in front of you, drop them in the oil, and serve them. Can't get less processed than that.
13032581, depends on location/time of day
Posted by hardware, Fri Jun-10-16 11:23 AM
i can go to the same Wendy's at Noon and at 7pm and get totally different service
i can go to McD's in Chicago and have totally different service in DeMoines
its just so many franchises, so many people running em, its hard to get consistency
13032616, Went to McDonalds the other night
Posted by sectachrome86, Fri Jun-10-16 12:31 PM
My cheeseburgers had sesame seed buns and no pickles. Somebody was not giving any fucks that night.
13032619, lol
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Fri Jun-10-16 12:35 PM
13032642, this why I stopped going to Carls Jr ..lemme tell u a story
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jun-10-16 01:20 PM
My first gig was Carls Jr. I made each burger as if I was the one who was going to eat it. I made them like how I wanted someone to make my burger etc. And during rush times , no, it didn't slow anything down or make the ties slower by doing it right. This includes wrapping it in a decent way and not strangling the burger.

>it's the careless way the shit is thrown together.
>
>every fast food spot got a few things on the menu that, if
>made the right way, would be great.
>
>and by the right way i mean made like you give a damn. make it
>like you care about what you're doing. hell, make it like
>you'd make it for your mother.
>
>but with them having to churn out so much so fast, quality
>goes out the window.
>
>
13032595, I trust you...
Posted by Trinity444, Fri Jun-10-16 12:02 PM
13032620, my wife and i have gotten sick the last 2 times we've eaten at mcdonald's
Posted by Ashy Achilles, Fri Jun-10-16 12:36 PM
haven't been to one in over a year
13032625, McDonald's STILLLL owes me $1,000 in Gift (Arch) cards, and.....
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Jun-10-16 12:45 PM
I'm in no rush to ever receive them.

At first, I considered donating them to the homeless, or to kids who received good grades...then said nahhh, that's a horrible reward.
13032643, ok give 'em to me then..
Posted by rdhull, Fri Jun-10-16 01:21 PM
>I'm in no rush to ever receive them.
>
>At first, I considered donating them to the homeless, or to
>kids who received good grades...then said nahhh, that's a
>horrible reward.