Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNot much really, already did some this spring
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13031257&mesg_id=13031757
13031757, Not much really, already did some this spring
Posted by osu_no_1, Wed Jun-08-16 05:43 AM
Got the deck cleaned and treated. Used a semi solid stain that looks nice. Probably will do the fence with it next which will cost a lot more.

Been painting the exterior light fixtures. They were black painted metal and starting to fade and look bad. I took them off one by one and sprayed them with a flat rustoleum. Also did the lamp posts. Looks great.

Got and assembled a little glider bench for my wife for our anniversary. We have a small enclosed backyard with lots of trees and last summer we had landscapers tear all the wild shit out and make it into a nice finished area with stepping stones, perennials and some new small trees. The glider is a nice added touch, been spending some time on it back in the shade.

Mulched the flower beds around the foundation and planted annuals.

Fixed a drain pipe that went to the storm drain. Part of it was sinking and a smaller pipe that came in from higher up had broken off. I was noticing signs of water in the dirt there around the foundation. I cut the small pipe and spliced in another piece. That was memorial day weekend so I'm still watching to see if that solves the problem.

I'm trying to get a copper awning over my bay window cleaned, but it's hard to find someone to do it. I already tried to do some and it looks terrible. If I can get that done this summer then I'll be happy. Nothing else major planned really.