Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyou're not wrong, but I think it is because people
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13025869&mesg_id=13026840
13026840, you're not wrong, but I think it is because people
Posted by Mr. ManC, Thu May-26-16 09:11 AM
view things a sliding scale with Hillary.

Put it like this: police brutality is horrible right now. Damn near epidemic of police driven state sanctioned abuse of power. Would that police state be EVEN WORSE under Trump? Hell yes it would. No one denies it. But to compare the two is to not say that there is no difference between THEM. It is simply to say that NEITHER of them will offer improvements to that issue at hand. When we see Hillary, we see "could be worse, vote for me". When we see Bernie, who is still actively in a primary contest, we see "could be better, vote for me".

To those key issues, Bernie is an improvement, and the displacement of Hillary vs Trump is a net wash. Grossly they are definitely different, but to the effect on the average American, they will not see those improvements in their lives under Hillary or Trump. Yes, I am concerned that Trump will have many enemies turn against us. I am also concerned that Hillary's hawkish past will trigger other nations to retaliate 9/11 style because they too do not want more of the same of American imperialism. She is the current poster child for that. Bernie is the only candidate looking for peace and diplomacy. That matters, so I am sorry. Trump is dangerous, but so is Hillary. She's even been savvy enough to make her "positives" her "strength" and "hawkishness". She is going to start another war while at the same time saying that we can't afford these social programs for a desperate working class.

To the average displaced person, I'm sorry but hell, they are already broke. They gonna get broker? They are already sick and uninsured. They gonna get sicker? They are already under or unemployed. They gonna lose their job? They are an immigrant and had to hop a fence. Now they gotta hop a wall? Trump wants to ban Muslims. Did Muslims not face discrimination IN NY after 9/11 while she was here? These people you see as "privileged" are actually disenfranchised, because this system is disengaged with them. If they are not going to be considered, then how can you expect them to buy into a system that is built on capitalizing off of their struggle? Nobody is going to get motivated for their own destruction just because this candidate decides to impose it more slowly.