Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthis is a plausible scenario, and I am not trying to dodge your question
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13025869&mesg_id=13026585
13026585, this is a plausible scenario, and I am not trying to dodge your question
Posted by Mr. ManC, Wed May-25-16 02:08 PM
but I do want to note that THIS is why Bernie or Bust is so important. If people weren't so adamant and vocal about NOT voting for her, then Bernie wouldn't have the leverage to get on the platform committee.

Now it is certainly an important step. The best case scenario I see for voting for Hillary is one where she adopts the part of Bernie's platform. I would STILL change my party affiliation, and make my vote as an Independent: 1. to serve as a check and balance for opening up the primaries; and 2. to send a message that this vote is not for the Democratic Party but for the platform. And that if the platform isn't aggressively pursued then they will risk losing on the population of folks who are already mobilizing away from the Democratic party.

With this there still will be an aggressive effort to flip Congress, as well as turn out in record numbers in the mid terms to set ourselves up for a strong 2020 progressive run, much in the same manner the Tea Party was able to come up the ranks.

I feel like with that in place there would be enough to hold Hillary's feet to the fire because at that point her term would not be guaranteed, and we would have some direction toward the country many of us would like to see. But she would only be keeping the seat warm in that scenario, and I still pray that she not get us into more war in Syria or other parts of the world because I still believe that is tops of her agenda. I don't know if I would be able to lay my vote for a person who I KNOW is looking to do that, but in that circumstance I don't know if it would be needed either.

I am still keeping outside hope that Bernie is the Democratic nominee and then most of this is moot at that point, but I fear it will not be that easy. A lot of things would have to happen for me to vote "for" Hillary.