Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subject"Binti" is great
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13021567&mesg_id=13042978
13042978, "Binti" is great
Posted by imcvspl, Mon Jul-11-16 10:17 PM
When I think of all the world building she put into this character driven 100 pager, it blows my mind. Even more it was really just beautifully written. It bugs me out how traditional sci fi it is while doing so much more.

I read Asimov before this and the writing doesn't compare. Like a separate topic but something I remembered from reading years ago why folk like Delany and LeGuin were always my favorite, and reading 'classic' shit was always ho hum. They never cared about the people I just read Prelude to Foundation which is *the book* about the central figure for a whole universe Asimov built and by the end of it I really didn't know shit about him except he was a white male mathemetician who could kick ass. Whole thing lacked emotion. Binti is the start of a grat space opera but every aspect of the world and characters she built in setting the stage have so much more feel and as such realness, rather than ideas of.

</rantsandraves>

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."