Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBeen a decent year so far
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13021567&mesg_id=13022785
13022785, Been a decent year so far
Posted by imcvspl, Tue May-17-16 07:52 PM
Haven't really been anticipating anything except the book I just started - Too Like Lightening by Ada Palnuer. Less than a hunnid in but digging it.

I got Jimisin's latest one up next. Had to hold off on it after reading the whole trilogy straight. she got the Nebula nom which i really wish they had given her, even not having read the book, but yeah i gotta read it now.

Jo Walton's Necessity comes out in June or July. I didn't even realize it was a trilogy after reading the first two, but now I know it's coming I'm amped as fuck.

There's a pattern with the first and the last, and I'm realizing there may be something to it for me as a reader and aspiring writer. I like sci-fi/fantasy with high philosophical value. Not just philosophy in making you think, but really positing philosophy outside of the natural world context. Both of those authors are playing heavily with that. It's also underlying in Jimisin's trilogy and a lot of other stuff that I really like.

At any rate I'm hoping some other titles really grab me because I'm itching for a huge tbr list right now. I had a few days where I was waiting on Amazon and ain't have shit I wanted to read.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."