Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: I think all 3 of the above sentiments are at play (case, CT and yours)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13020801&mesg_id=13021258
13021258, RE: I think all 3 of the above sentiments are at play (case, CT and yours)
Posted by Firecracker, Fri May-13-16 01:33 PM
I respect your rationality and your arguments are sober.

I'm not pro or against any of the sentiments here tbh, but this is where the dialogue gets complicated/a little uncomfortable to me. All I can advocate for is experiences I've had in meditation, and all of it is intuitive and are subject to enormous skepticism, of course.

And those experiences actually do clear up a lot of the confusion and uncertainty regarding these lofty concepts.... But they are highly personal and cant by any means be documented. But the understanding and the insight that occurs during these.... (for now) fleeting and tiny moments are actually very simple.

I actually do believe that there are people on this earth now and before, who've had personal relationships with God that are very real. And not in a go to church and serve God kinda way, but actually are able to experience God contact. But thats again, like you pointed out, only a belief. And I choose to believe what these people speak of, because I BELIEVE in God, myself.

Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda is an example. Again, most of what's there is hard to believe. But I cant for the life of me picturing these people being disillusioned or just making stuff up to advocate an agenda that they dont have anything to gain from.

I also think the eastern regions of the world have a more humble and loving concept of this than a lot of us here in the west, and in the USA, where there is so much to be gained from advocating for a particular faith ($$$$$).

I do agree with you tho, and salute your rational views on this subject. To the point and not in your feelings, lol