Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSteve Harvey is a fucking idiot yo
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13018938
13018938, Steve Harvey is a fucking idiot yo
Posted by lightworks, Tue May-10-16 12:19 PM
He doesn't let women call his phone.

Nigga what?!

https://instagram.com/p/BFO_6AdwCGK/
13018941, But does it go down in the DM?
Posted by MEAT, Tue May-10-16 12:25 PM
I try to not text married women. If I have a couple friend, that I wasn't friends with the wife first, I reach out to both of them on the same text.

Mainly because I'm usually making plans with both of them, but additionally just to keep it all above the board.
13018942, In this instance, Steve Harvey is a smart man.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 12:27 PM

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13018948, Self-Control is the issue
Posted by BKDominican, Tue May-10-16 12:32 PM
Wether you speak to them on your cel phone, email or any other method you have to have the self-discipline to NOT flirt or reach out. Every man is different about this, and if you are banning women from calling you on your cel phone (to me) it speaks to your lack of self control.

Then again, with his history I wouldn't blame him for taking this approach. He knows what works for him. When I was married and had a car I would often drop anyone that needed a ride off (co-workers, friends of friends etc) and if I didn't know the female I made her sit in the back. I looked like an Uber driver but so be it.
13019005, lol..no it doesn't speak to that at ALL.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:26 PM

13018949, what's wrong wit that?
Posted by Big Kuntry, Tue May-10-16 12:33 PM
13018951, sounds like a smart man IMO
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 12:35 PM
I'm trying to think of the last time a woman called my phone that wasn't family or work related

13018960, March 27th. Good friend I've known for over 10 years
Posted by MEAT, Tue May-10-16 12:41 PM
Basically family. I check up on her weekly. In the last two years she's lost her mother, moved across the country twice, and gotten a divorce. Definitely one of my closest friends that just happens to be a woman.
13018979, 99% of my female friends from back in the day were hook ups
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 01:06 PM
at some point in time.

I don't really have female friends.
13018986, 99.9% of my female friends from back in the day were hook ups/on reserve
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:12 PM
there's literally on 1 that wasn't.

13019020, Yup. Which is why I hang on to the ones that have always been friends.
Posted by MEAT, Tue May-10-16 01:36 PM
13018954, Didn't he also say it's impossible for a man to be friends with a woman?
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue May-10-16 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLqK0DTevxA

If that's his stance, then this makes perfect sense.

He's obviously wrong on both counts. But at least he's consistent
13018956, couple things.
Posted by atruhead, Tue May-10-16 12:39 PM
1) It's an edited clip. Im sure women can call him for business related matters (within appropriate hours) or if it's a woman relative

2) if women cant call him at all, it seems unreasonable from the outside looking in but he's doing what works for his marriage
13018958, He instituted Ho protocol to stay out of trouble.
Posted by Castro, Tue May-10-16 12:40 PM
Because he's a whore.
13019021, nailed it
Posted by GOMEZ, Tue May-10-16 01:36 PM
13018959, he on that doug christie?
Posted by SooperEgo, Tue May-10-16 12:40 PM
13018962, by Steve Harvey standards, that ain't that bad
Posted by Mynoriti, Tue May-10-16 12:43 PM
13019179, any time my wife gets mad at me I am saying this
Posted by Invisiblist, Tue May-10-16 04:35 PM
13018964, if he got it like that. i guess. in the real world
Posted by kittyswift, Tue May-10-16 12:45 PM
where, depending on your job, you might need to answer the fucking phone then that shit dont apply. sorry SH, but i dont have your dollars and my income depends on taking a call from errrrybody.

work phone vs. personal phone.

i've stood my ground, and although cumbersome and times, i have two cell phones, one for work, one for personal, never do the two meet.

workphone, i gotta take calls from both sexes or combination sexes, whatever the kids are doing these days. personal phone, if we aint fuckin or you not family, i dont fucking care you going to vm.
13018975, I'm sure Oprah can call him... lol
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 01:02 PM
13018988, nahh, im sure Oprah got some mad ottta pocket things to say
Posted by kittyswift, Tue May-10-16 01:13 PM
and marjorie aint havein' nan none of that! :-)
13018968, damn right!!!!!!
Posted by Trinity444, Tue May-10-16 12:48 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X 50 zillion
13018969, Thats the same thing a pastor would say
Posted by soken, Tue May-10-16 12:57 PM
13018978, that is nothing watch this
Posted by RobOne4, Tue May-10-16 01:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0BJRQ1cqM
13018985, He is who I picture as Kenny's (Bud) older brother on the Cosby show
Posted by PimpTrickGangstaClik, Tue May-10-16 01:12 PM
Kenny would always say something stupidly sexist that his brother told him and Claire would he check him on.
Steve Hightower is the brother
13018990, how about when he blamed a woman for her sexual assault
Posted by rambunctious, Tue May-10-16 01:16 PM
instead of encouraging her to report him, he chastised her for drinking...

http://www.steveharvey.com/strawberry-letter/sex-assault-overthinking/

http://www.eurweb.com/2016/02/fans-blast-steve-harvey-blames-victim-sexual-assault/

*Steve Harvey and his co-host Shirley Strawberry have been accused of victim blaming after they told a young woman that she needs to stop drinking and take control of her body after she wrote in seeking their advice about a possible sexual assault.

The 23-year-old sent a letter into Harvey’s radio show earlier this month after a curious night of intercourse with her boyfriend left her worried.

“In the middle of the night, my boyfriend woke me up and told me to clean myself up. Confused, I asked him why and he told me because we just had sex. Of course, I had no knowledge of it because I passed out drunk,” the girl writes.

“The next morning, I asked what him happened the night before. He says that he came home, saw me in bed, and wanted to have sex. He said I didn’t move or talk so he thought I was just really tired even though there was a trashcan by the bed with my head halfway in it. Would you consider this a sexual assault? How can I tell him without hurting him, or scaring him. I don’t want him to think that I’m labeling him as a ‘rapist’”, she continues.

We agreed with Strawberry’s advice to the girl: ”The guidance would be for you at 23 to stop getting passed out drunk where you don’t know what’s going in your life with your body … I mean, you have to stop this immediately. You can’t do this. It was your boyfriend this time because you were at home, but what if you had passed out at the party or something. You have to think beyond this trying to blame your boyfriend,” the female co-host remarked.

This writer is not suggesting that intoxicated females are asking to be sexually assaulted, however, Shirley summed it all up with “stop getting passed out drunk where you don’t know what’s going in your life with your body.”

Why are people mad about this sound advice?

Harvey attempted to make light of situation, saying: “This is a kinda tough one for a man to answer because we’ve all done this damn near. Tried it anyway. All of us. I done actually crawled up from the foot of the bed, in an army crawl like I was going under a barb wired fence, under the sheets, trying to get to it … we’ve all tried it. It’s called the sneak-attack so I don’t really know how to answer this.”

He continued:
“Y’all live together … he woke you up to make sure you got cleaned up … he told you what he did,” added Harvey. “A person that did something that they think is really wrong is usually in denial of it,” he continued. “Did he rape you? In my estimation, no … you need to stop drinking so you can be in control of yourself, your body, your thought, your mind.”

Read more at http://www.eurweb.com/2016/02/fans-blast-steve-harvey-blames-victim-sexual-assault/#pF3tfGkClvsscTjE.99
13019215, hmmm... should she have +reported+ him though?
Posted by Riot, Tue May-10-16 05:44 PM
hmmmm....
13019412, yes.
Posted by rambunctious, Wed May-11-16 08:41 AM
he had sex with her while she was unconscious and could not consent.
it's a clear cut example of sex without consent, which is rape.
13018980, People who can't resist temptation need to do it.
Posted by Heinz, Tue May-10-16 01:09 PM
....cause they weak ass minded mofos lol but thats what it is.

13018989, Not true at ALL. It's a matter of respect. If either partner is offended by
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:13 PM
it, or feels some kinda way about it....there's really no valid reason to go against those wishes.

13018993, RE: Not true at ALL. It's a matter of respect. If either partner is offended by
Posted by Hamsterline, Tue May-10-16 01:18 PM
The person who is offended is insecure.

It's stupid.
13018999, Stupid or not, how a person feels is something they have a right to.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:22 PM
There are things worth arguing over, trying to convince someone to change their mind about, etc.... Generally this isn't one of them.
The insecurity could be born of MANY things....

13019004, Basically. Don't marry someone who is insecure about dumb shit like that
Posted by Heinz, Tue May-10-16 01:25 PM
I can't marry someone who is so insecure that my basic human interactions outside of her need to have rules other than don't fuck them. Don't marry me if you think im gonna cheat. I wouldnt marry anyone if i stepping out on them was a conscious option.
13019007, LOL...you guys really think marriage is a cut & dry situation I see.....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:27 PM
>I can't marry someone who is so insecure that my basic human
>interactions outside of her need to have rules other than
>don't fuck them. Don't marry me if you think im gonna cheat. I
>wouldnt marry anyone if i stepping out on them was a conscious
>option.

13019015, so? people aren't perfect and if your mate is insecure
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 01:33 PM
you deal with it and find a way to make it work. Most people don't enter a relationship being insecure. it could be their best friend getting divorced, infidelity, body size changing after years of marriage, etc...

y'all sound real perfect right now...

and real single/unmarried.

IMO if you are a dude and your women isn't a little insecure you aren't fucking them right. A real man has a women who is a little insecure -D.Dash
13019006, Theres no reason to have unreasonable wishes
Posted by Heinz, Tue May-10-16 01:26 PM
other than don't fuck other people. Thats the only rule needed.

13019010, To you it might be unreasonable, and that's fair. To others it might not be.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:30 PM
>other than don't fuck other people. Thats the only rule
>needed.

Cheating goes deeper than smashing. There are myriad reasons why someone might feel a certain way about this topic.

13019018, don't waste your time...
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 01:34 PM
you talking to relationship experts... aka non married folk.
13019025, I'm just tying to help folks. Prepare them.
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:38 PM

13019071, You're right I'm not married
Posted by Hamsterline, Tue May-10-16 02:26 PM
I don't have those kinds of rules. I've ALWAYS had male friends. All the way back to kindergarten. For me, to all of a sudden stop that would be unnatural. If I were may man, I would think something was up if I all of a sudden cancelled those relationships.

My boyfriend of now 4 years, still talks to his women friends. One of those women is his ex, whom I have met. She's cool. I like her. I'm not jealous. I don't feel a way about it, and if I did, I would have to check myself to determine if it's my issue or if he is in fact acting out of character. But to make a rule that they can't have external relationships is stupid. I have married friends who share my point of view and they are happily married and have children in their teens.

This is not a married vs. unmarried issue. It's a people who trust the person they're with vs. people who don't issue.
13019080, There are no rules. There are understandings, mutual levels of respect,
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 02:39 PM
general ways of proceeding, etc. Things that you determine work towards a happy and healthy relationship. This differs from couple to couple.

It's simply wrong to label another persons marriage as lacking trust or somehow flawed because of an understanding and way of being that they've landed on works for them but doesn't/wouldn't for you.

It's simply way broader than "trust".

13019090, Cool.
Posted by Hamsterline, Tue May-10-16 02:51 PM
I just couldn't be with someone who thinks that way. It's smells like distrust.
13019100, 4 years in I was cool with it too
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 03:01 PM
but 10 years in, kids, house, etc... Shit changes.

and one thing you will realize is when you get married those women friends change. All a sudden you husband looks better, more established.

you may not want to believe it but there are a lo of women who really like married men and make it their goal to fuck their shit up.

just sayin'

it goes both ways but IMO I think it's more so a thing with married man.
13019115, RE: 4 years in I was cool with it too
Posted by Hamsterline, Tue May-10-16 03:12 PM
Of course my dude is attractive to other women. Absolutely. I'm also attractive to other men. But what makes me un-bothered by it all is that he's into me, as much as I'm into him.

I also think that he finds other women attractive, and I find other men attractive too. But neither he or I are acting on it. Having some artificial rule where we are not allowed to have external friendships is ridiculous because if he or I really wanted to behave badly we could still do it.

It all comes down to trust. I trust he won't do that shit, and he trusts that I won't do it either.

Look, I've been cheated on before. It's not a new idea to me, or something unimaginable. What I've learned from that experience is that you can't control what another individual thinks or feels. So in my mind, these rules are irrelevant.
13019195, well most people do all the things you do
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue May-10-16 05:10 PM
the wife and I find other people attractive. we aren't blind.

but we also have boundaries.

what people are missing is Steve Harvey is on his 3rd wife. He has a lot to lose. A recorded phone conversation can ruin a career. A naked photo, sexting, etc...

I see nothing wrong with respecting a spouses wishes.
13018997, i mean whatever works for him
Posted by illEskoBar221, Tue May-10-16 01:20 PM
its like being a former fat person
keeping the sweets out of the house

if thats his weakness and he stays away from it
that aint bad or stupid

unless its business related why fuck with them
13019011, Whats the problem? I must be missing something.
Posted by Binladen, Tue May-10-16 01:30 PM
13019014, This is his wife. He's smart as shit
Posted by caramelapplebttms, Tue May-10-16 01:31 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFNAS_uIG8t

He needs to mentor Jay-Z (allegedly).

Keep ya baddie at all costs.
13019029, Is her face photoshopped? Her neck and head don't match
Posted by Big Kuntry, Tue May-10-16 01:41 PM
13019030, everything else matches PERFECTLY doe. *bites fist*
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:45 PM

13019083, she looks like she's just waiting for him to slip.
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Tue May-10-16 02:40 PM
and yes thats his wife.
13019095, Lemon dress, glass of lemonade...LOL
Posted by Castro, Tue May-10-16 02:56 PM
13019246, thats funny as shit tho
Posted by LAbeathustla, Tue May-10-16 07:46 PM
13019719, she is pretty but you can tell she got Keke Wyatt eyes
Posted by ShinobiShaw, Wed May-11-16 01:08 PM
She will stab that nigga if he act up.
13019019, for those that agree, can a woman text your phone? tweet at you?
Posted by Government Name, Tue May-10-16 01:35 PM
gchat you? interact w/ you on the Okayplayer messageboard?
13019027, How Sway???
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 01:41 PM
lol..
I guess if she had my contact info she COULD....
But....that ain't happening so....

13019056, what about other forms of communication, like on here?
Posted by Government Name, Tue May-10-16 02:11 PM
also, you dont network w/ people other than men? arrange playdates/childcare sh*t for the kids with moms? nothing?
13019086, Pssht..lets just take OKP out of the equation from jump ok.lol....
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-10-16 02:43 PM
>also, you dont network w/ people other than men? arrange
>playdates/childcare sh*t for the kids with moms? nothing?

In general no, I don't really network at all. I'm a federal employee in my 9-5, and my side hustle isn't really a networking type of thing. Playdates etc. are usually joint ventures and ultimately she arranges those more so than me outside of our neighbors down the block.

Y'all taking this to an extreme that y'all know he wasn't referring to lol....

13019127, i watched the ep fam. i'm just trying to get an understanding.
Posted by Government Name, Tue May-10-16 03:23 PM
i'm not trying to front like women are blowing my phone up, at all. but im not a phone conversation person in the first place. trying to think would it make a difference if the medium of communication was different. or matter depending on the context of the conversation, etc. i think those are relevant questions if we're gonna discuss this bullsh*t, lol

>Y'all taking this to an extreme that y'all know he wasn't
>referring to lol....
>
>"Get ready....for your blessing....."
13019022, i dont agree 100% but you gotta respect your partners wishes
Posted by Government Name, Tue May-10-16 01:36 PM
if you guys have agreed to it
13019085, ^^ all of this
Posted by DavidHasselhoff, Tue May-10-16 02:42 PM
>if you guys have agreed to it
13019024, I'm more on the side of if I give you my number you know
Posted by esb225, Tue May-10-16 01:38 PM
i'm married and you aint trying to disrespect my wife...
thus when you call you can say it in front of her... if you can't you shouldn't be calling me
13019078, Sounds like a man that knows how to stay out of mess
Posted by Case_One, Tue May-10-16 02:39 PM

13019158, at first it sounded misogynistic
Posted by justin_scott, Tue May-10-16 04:01 PM
like he made women call someone else's phone to get ahold of him. but this isn't that. i had a coworker in this situation once. glad i'm not, but whatever works.
13019219, this is one of those things that sounds bad when said aloud
Posted by double negative, Tue May-10-16 05:48 PM
otherwise, I kinda get it - its a particular way of thinking thats pretty old school
13019244, But why we still got monkeys?
Posted by bignick, Tue May-10-16 07:29 PM
13019336, Why do you feel this statement makes him a "fucking idiot"?
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Wed May-11-16 02:11 AM
I wanna hear the answer from Lightworks.

13019371, she prolly on a photo date with one of her exes
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed May-11-16 08:01 AM
seriously tho, didnt she have a post asking if it was foul to be out with an ex?

13019347, Hasn't dude been married multiple times and got caught cheating?
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed May-11-16 05:41 AM
Like why is this the dude to listen to?

With that history you would have a whole different set of rules.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"
13019414, yes.
Posted by rambunctious, Wed May-11-16 08:45 AM
his current wife was the woman he was dating while previously married. also, i remembered he cheated on his previous wife multiple times, not just with the woman he's now married to.

a lot of steve's advice (even though i agree with some of it here and there) is based on his history of being unfaithful.
13019398, when did we start allowing Steve Harvey to give us life advice btw?
Posted by Amritsar, Wed May-11-16 08:31 AM
the moment we all lost
13019399, if Raven Simone and Stacey Dash can get face time...
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed May-11-16 08:33 AM
13019688, he's made himself
Posted by tariqhu, Wed May-11-16 12:46 PM
into relationship dr phil