Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectOh Jesus.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13017987&mesg_id=13018750
13018750, Oh Jesus.
Posted by stravinskian, Tue May-10-16 09:09 AM
So it's patronizing for me to point out that people are being selective in their outrage? Fine.

I've been a regular in these antivax posts for over a decade. I promise, I'm not getting in the way of anyone who wants to call out CaptainRook on his ludicrous bullshit. Good for them. It's fun to take on such easy targets.

But denny made a point specifically about irrational mystical beliefs that are widespread on the political left. He left out the most timely example, and I pointed it out.

Look, I'm known for only two things around OKP. The first is that I'll argue for weeks on end with antivaxers, global warming deniers, evolution deniers, deniers of other aspects of science (and yes, I happily bully those people, just like everyone's bullying CaptainRook in here). The other is that I'm the ONLY person here who actively opposes Bernie Sanders as a candidate. I'm taking this rare opportunity to point out, to those who haven't realized it, that these two aspects of my OKP identity are fundamentally linked.

denny, Mynoriti, and akon have all agreed that they see the connection, but that other issues are more important to them. That's fine. Other issues are not more important to me, though. Discussion boards are for having discussions.

The fact that you don't want the connection to even be made seems to indicate that you feel threatened by it, which is telling.