Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: This race feels like its theme is confounding conventional wisdom
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13013733&mesg_id=13013847
13013847, RE: This race feels like its theme is confounding conventional wisdom
Posted by murph71, Fri Apr-29-16 04:27 PM
>>
>>It's all in the demographics.....Trump would have to get
>more
>>white people to vote for him than Reagan (the highest ever
>>percentage, BTW...)....
>>
>>And that ain't gonna happen....
>
>I'm sure I've read "that ain't gonna happen" or similar so
>many times only to watch Trump keep marching on and Bernie
>Sanders hang on in the race. Trump seems to be able to change
>message at will and doesn't pay the price for lying or
>contradiction.
>
>I want to believe you. I really do, but these primaries have
>had a way of sowing doubt.

What Trump does in a Republican primary is not at all shocking if u follow the bread crumbs....The Repugs made their own bed...

Trump is winning because:

--White working class feel like they have been left out of the economic picture...

--The base of the Republican Party has been lied too by their own people (WE WILL KILL OBAMACARE!!!!! OBAMA IS THE DEVIL WE WILL LOOK OUT FOR YOUR INTEREST!!!!)

--Companies shipping jobs overseas...KILLING the Middle Class...

But in a general election u need more than mad white folks...And that's the issue when it comes to the Republican party overall...The demographics are KILLING them...

In order to win Trump has to get 7 out of 10 pr white men to vote for him, which is damn near impossible...He also needs to get more votes than Romney did with minorities: blacks, Latinos, Asians....And WOMEN....

Trump beating Cruz and Kasich with the female or Latino vote ain;t anything to celebrate...Not when u r polling that 8 out of 10 Latinos have an unfavorable view of Trump...

Hillary Clinton is VERY lucky.....