Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI've been thinking of doing a related post
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13007653&mesg_id=13007724
13007724, I've been thinking of doing a related post
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed Apr-20-16 09:53 AM
though it was more about our relationship with the speed limit, particularly in residential areas. Curious if people pay attention at all, just go as fast as they think they can, try to stay w/in ten mph of the limit or what. Also curious if they get pissed when the person in front of them is sticking strictly to the speed limit and they want to go faster, or if they get pissed when they're going the speed limit (or even faster) and the person behind them is riding their ass

I've been passed repeatedly, and given the finger or yelled at occasionally, while going the speed limit on my street. Limit is 25 with a double yellow line and speed bumps (though not in my block), there's a 'no passing' sign, and multiple schools, day cares and churches along with about sixty houses just on our street and hundreds more in the adjoining neighborhoods.

I've talked to people about it and the general response is 'it's hard to drive 25.' Which is kinda weird to me because it's not actually hard at all.

We've asked the police to, you know, do some policing but they don't give a shit.

As far as road rage I am guilty of getting pissed at people who ride my ass or pass me in those situations. I also get pissed at people who run red lights, turn right on red at 'no turn on red' intersections, don't wait their turn at 3- and 4-way stop sign intersections, etc. I don't honk frequently but will do so if it creates a dangerous situation.