Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCriticize rather than create: the downfall of OKP
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13004320&mesg_id=13004320
13004320, Criticize rather than create: the downfall of OKP
Posted by JellyBean, Wed Apr-13-16 04:20 PM
this isn't going to be as thought provoking as I would like it to be because I'm at work. And I probably won't come back to check on this post.

This place used to be filled with so many creative minds. Artists, musicians, writers etc. We used to come together over our differences. Now all we do is antagonize one another, belittle one another. We used to take each other to the side talk about what pissed you off move on and make the next post.

If there was something in the media we didn't like...we came here and did our OKP version and made it what we wanted it to be or what we thought it should be.

We supported each other. Business ventures, kids, music, whatever. We WERE family. I feel like my parents got divorced while I was away at school and I'm not sure if I should stay home or move out and make some other moves in life.

I've always thought of this place as my coming of age moment...the placed that introduced me to some good music, movies and great people. Hell this place was my first bookmark on the damn internet.

but we're so quick to talk trash to each other...not like "the dozens" type of trash, but the kind of hurtful shit that makes people want to jump off a bridge, just because someone viewed something a little differently than you.

Shit just fucks with me guys. Maybe because I'm on my period or maybe you motherfuckers changed and not for the better :-(