Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNah....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13002275&mesg_id=13005280
13005280, Nah....
Posted by murph71, Fri Apr-15-16 08:34 AM

Bernie has to chill with that mess....Again, he's not doing himself any favors by dismissing the votes of half the country in some pretty big states....And there's the big elephant in the room...Most of the Democrats in the South voting in the primaries are largely blacks...We know Bernie ain't on no racist riff...But dude certainly has a blind spot when it comes to understanding the rest of the country....

Jamelle Bouie has been on Twitter breaking it down why Bernie is shooting himself in the foot....His twitter feed is must read.....Peep it....

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 8h8 hours ago

Man, the amount of straight disdain for the South in my mentions tonight was marvelous. Just really wonderful.

Jamelle Bouie
@jbouie10h

Clinton built her delegate lead on March 15, with wins in Ohio, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, and NC, none of which are the Deep South.

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted
Josh Marshall ‏@joshtpm 8h8 hours ago

Simply a fact: in Dem primaries, if u take out the 'conservative' South/Deep South, you take out most of the black people.

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted
Asinus Pervicax ‏@Cato_of_Utica 9h9 hours ago

If you want to fix shit in this country, look South, because that’s where the fight’s going to be won or lost in the long run.

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted
Harold Pollack ‏@haroldpollack 9h9 hours ago

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted
Vann R. Newkirk II ‏@fivefifths 9h9 hours ago

It's become clear that my "cause" this election is just making sure that PoC are heard in all their complexity and diversity of voice

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted
Joy Reid ‏@JoyAnnReid 10h10 hours ago

Southern Dem voters have got to be wondering what they did to get dismissed so summarily. No one says these things about Utahns.

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 9h9 hours ago
Georgia and North Carolina, more so than Texas and Arizona, are the places where Dems can build.

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted Mark Suzuki

Yes, all of the areas for Democratic Party growth are South of the Mason-Dixon.

Mark Suzuki @MarkSuzuki1

@jbouie the worst part about dismissing the south is that its where the future of the party is. VA NC GA FL all part of future EC majority

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 10h10 hours ago

The major metro areas of the South—Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Tampa, Nashville, Memphis, Louisville, etc.—are very diff than suburban South.

Jamelle Bouie Retweeted dare dukes

Right. If we're talking honestly about the South, significant regional variation even within states.

@jbouie Def. What bugs me most is talk (not from u) that demographics are monolithic across regions. Deep GA (me) has its own weirdness.

Jamelle Bouie ‏@jbouie 10h10 hours ago
Jamelle Bouie Retweeted Shazad Hamid

Because ideology isn't the only variable for judging a candidate vis a vis your interests.Jamelle Bouie added, Shazad Hamid @ShazadHamid

@jbouie I'm just curious, but if black voters are more liberal on the economy then why are they supporting Clinton?

Jamelle Bouie @jbouie

Because black Democrats are the most loyal Dem voters in the country and dismissing them peeves me. twitter.com/nekko377/statu…