Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectCurious to know why you're so scared of Kasich?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13002275&mesg_id=13003655
13003655, Curious to know why you're so scared of Kasich?
Posted by denny, Wed Apr-13-16 03:37 AM
What do you think are some examples of tangible differences between a Clinton presidency and a Kasich one?

They seem pretty similar to me. Kasich has said he would repeal Obamacare....but he's pretty soft on that. I'm not entirely convinced he would actually make a genuine attempt at that. Perhaps a lame one meant to please his base but not intended to succeed. As we all know he seemed pretty down with Obamacare as governor. So arguably not something to worry about in a pragmatic sense. Kasich is pro-life....but would that really amount to anything? Bush was pro-life too. Would there be any practical consequences on a national level? Roe V Wade is pretty safe. Alot of the other areas like foreign policy they seem pretty similar.

I'm not a Clinton supporter so my premise might not be accepted by others....but the biggest difference between them in my eyes is Clinton's empty rhetoric. She'll pay more lip service to liberal values than Kasich...'we need to be whole'.....but I'm not convinced any of that will result in substantial, tangible differences if we're thinking pragmatically.