Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectGood video.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13002275&mesg_id=13003483
13003483, Good video.
Posted by denny, Tue Apr-12-16 04:39 PM
I don't agree with the Sander's supporters on stuff like this. Especially the obvious crazy ones prone to conspiracy theories.

But one thing that isn't addressed is the way that superdelegates are used to control the narrative. Different media outlets will decide to use them (or not) based on bias. So you might claim that 'they've never impacted an election' based on actual voting statistics....that's a little more foggy a contention when you account for their infuence they have on those actual votes.

Now this is a much lesser contention than what some Sander's supporters are saying. And it may not even be reason to change anything. Let's face it....we're not going to eliminate the potential for political spin. But it's a factor nonetheless and I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest the inclusion of 'committed' superdelegate votes has hurt the Sander's compaing to at least some degree. One can make that observation without also calling it a travesty of justice (which I don't think it is).