Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTrying to wrap my head around any justification for the Kasich ending up...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13002275&mesg_id=13002610
13002610, Trying to wrap my head around any justification for the Kasich ending up...
Posted by mrhood75, Mon Apr-11-16 06:15 PM
...with the nomination after the convention.

I mean, yes, I get that he's the most electable of the three morons on the GOP side of things, but I don't see how they could justify it to their base.

With Cruz they could say that Trump won big early, but he's clearly faltering and now Cruz is winning and gathering momentum, so give him the nod.

Bringing in Ryan or Romney is almost more justifiable, as they could argue their best candidates weren't interested at first, but now they want to save the day for the GOP. A stretch, but has some logic.

But Kasich has gone through the primary process and, correct me if I'm wrong, has only won in Ohio. All else he's got in "strong seconds" in NH, maybe NY, and a few other states. As in, he's still not winning anywhere.

How can you justify someone who really hasn't won shit in the primaries to get the nod as nominee?