Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthere are no gods fam, anywhere
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12992612&mesg_id=12994101
12994101, there are no gods fam, anywhere
Posted by astralblak, Sat Mar-26-16 01:12 AM
period.

I pointed those people out because they are very important to the convo we are having...

and we do have a disagreement on ideology

no one wants you to be on some "oh my gawd" you're right. but I would like you to admit that the MANY who have given us an inspirational and radical vision/dialogue/praxis of Blackness where intimate with non-blacks or "alt"-Blacks themselves. Blackness is a multitude, a plethora of experience, and you are trying to reduce it, make it linear... straight up, NAH, no es el camino

and again, how can you be pro-Black with a concept, the nation aka nationalism, that emerges directly out of the petite capitalist state of the 1700s in Europe, and was turned on it's head during the 60s by various Black activist, scholars, and artist attempting to subvert or overthrow WSCP. In the end it only to reproduced many of the patriarchal, sexist, power-over, hyper-violent shit of the state that was trying to erase us. a "nation-state" in which the seizing of it's power Franz Fanon (ohh one of those dudes fucking a white girl) warned us against in the opening chapters of Wretched of the Earth and later in Towards the African Revolution.