Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: True, but Clinton beat Sanders with upper-income voters....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12992065&mesg_id=12995380
12995380, RE: True, but Clinton beat Sanders with upper-income voters....
Posted by murph71, Tue Mar-29-16 08:30 AM
I don't care about any of that bullshit....Any progressive implying that they would vote for Trump over ANY Democratic candidate, Bernie or Clinton? Fuck 'em....

Jamelle Bouie ‏just said this on Twitter about the Bernie supporters claiming they could see themselves voting for Trump in order to burn the whole thing down: "That is what happens when your 'politics' are more rooted in abstractions and solipsistic purity than people and outcomes."

I've said it again and again....I love that Bernie is turning on the base...I love that he's getting independents engaged...And I love that he has made income inequality the central discussion to the point where he has pushed Clinton further left...

But that Left Wing Tea Party ideology? I'm not down with any of that...I will vote for Bernie if he's the nominee, but not because he represents some perfect strain of progressivism or that he doesn't take money from Hollywood celebrity fundraising events for his campaign...I would vote for him because he would be infinitely better than ANY Republican...It's the same reason I'm voting for Clinton....

Fuck being cute....