Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJust reviewing this thread....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12991273&mesg_id=13167393
13167393, Just reviewing this thread....
Posted by denny, Wed Jun-21-17 06:53 AM
It was coincidental to come across this because my SO and I had a long talk about this yesterday. She was basically saying that she feels a certain way in finding herself agreeing with media outlets and pundits she would traditionally be opposed to and that it's happening more and more. We talked about how there are new battlelines being drawn right now.

The alt-right, SJW's, Trump supporters and critical post-modernists are on one side. Traditional liberals and centrist conservatives are on the other. The former is guided by their particular agenda at the expense of everything else and have discarded the notion of objective truth....the latter is guided by principles. The former sees the world in an extremely lazy reductionist simplicity. The latter sees the world as a complex and chaotic interaction of many, often competing dynamics.

It certainly is making for strange bedfellows. I don't like it either. But I'm not sacrificing my principles to make sure I'm on the supposedly virtuous side. I'm also not going to be intimidated by what I consider to be extremely serious accusations of racism, sexism and homophobia. We're sticking to our principles. Depending on what particular agenda a typical activist has nowadays....principles THEMSELVES are a tool of oppression to maintain either white supremacy, toxic masculinity or heteronormative society. You could take any post Boogie has written the past couple months and replace 'white supremacy' with 'toxic masculinity' and it would become a feminist message.

Since all three of them are only logically coherent in the absence of the others....they inevitably start attacking each other. They attempt to use intersectionality as way to tie the holy troika together....but it only works poetically, not logically. Madness everywhere. The alt-right has held up a mirror to critical race studies. One side is evil, the other virtuous...yet they share the exact same underlying belief in identity politics. The abandonment of objective truth/reality is basically how Trump won the election...and it's also the most important foundation beam of post-modernism.