Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's textbook race-baiting imo.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12991273&mesg_id=13167362
13167362, It's textbook race-baiting imo.
Posted by denny, Wed Jun-21-17 12:10 AM
It's hard to fathom that one even needs to point out that this one individual is not repesentative of all white people. AND that he bears ZERO responsible for the deaths of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. It feels surreal to type that.

Curious to know if you agree with me that this incident has absolutely NOTHING to do with race. I suppose there's room to consider race a factor but I certainly don't think so. Was wondering what you thought.

This type of race-baiting is so reductive and selective. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING will be reduced to the official narrative and nothing, I mean NOTHING that does not directly support that narrative will be discussed. lol

For christ's sake....Dennis Rodman is in NK right now!

I can't imagine my mental state devolving to a point where hearing the news that Rodman is in NK provides me with an opportunity to make a derogatory characterization about all black Americans. I am so alarmed in the increasing emphasis on group identity in the place of individual identity. Would you agree that our society has become more tribalist than any other point in our lifetimes?

Also...entitled tourism is much more an AMERICAN (Canadians seem to think they're exempt from this trait but I think that's wishful thinking) thing than a race one. I'm quite sure that the black American kids who go to Cancun for spring break are obnoxious too.