Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJust cus the world is your oyster doesn't mean you can't get shucked
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12991273&mesg_id=13167325
13167325, Just cus the world is your oyster doesn't mean you can't get shucked
Posted by Sarah_Bellum, Tue Jun-20-17 08:33 PM
The death, destruction and famine of an entire country is not a "extreme vacation" to "build character" but a crime against humanity if this young man and his family understood and had reverence for that he would still be here today. It wouldn't shock me if this experience was going to appear on grad school applications or as a spicy hook on cover letters.
Someone compared vacaying to NK to taking spring break in Nazi Germany. I agree, that is what it is like.
This whole thing is a prime example of how white privilege harms white people. The world is not a Disney land. Shit, they are feeding people to dogs over there as punishment if reports are to be believed. I'm sorry this young man is dead but hopefully we can bring focus back onto actual North Koreans. I hope y'all are as interested in nonwhite folks dying over there in a few months when this dies down.

DJTB YOMM