Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectTrue. All we need is 51% to wish it away.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12990625&mesg_id=12991119
12991119, True. All we need is 51% to wish it away.
Posted by RaFromQueens, Mon Mar-21-16 07:11 PM
>She is a woman running for the most powerful office on Earth
>and yet you think that she can stand in a room and project
>anything less than hawkish strength?

Let's start here. These shrewd, calculated moves to put on the face people want to see are a problem. That's not the way it has to be, it's just the way it is. For now. Ideally, candidates would be themselves and if their acting doesn't fit their older scripts the people would be smart enough to call them on that and vote accordingly. And hopefully more illuminated souls like you and sowhat would allow us to call hypocrisy and inconsistency by their names. If HRC is acting like a hawk to get into office where she will behave differently that's just lying. You can tell me that's how it is like I was born on Mars until you're blue in the face. Don't tell it's okay or that it's got to be that way.

If Hillary went in front
>of a crowd and offered up what Bernie Sanders is offering up
>we'd call her naive and say she's not ready to lead.

And people say that about Bernie. And he has his supporters in addition to his detractors. He is who he is and you have a chance to vote knowing the truth about him.

Honestly, I thought we turned a corner with that "you know what I mean even though I have to say this" bullshit game. Everybody should be ashamed.

>But back to the game you want to end.
>
>It won't.
>
>It can't.
>
>It's been played since humans organized into tribes and
>decided one person was more fit to lead them than others.
>It's going on at work, at school, in the streets. It's how
>this whole system operates. You don't like it? Move to an
>island and make your own. But as long as there is power to be
>had, there will be people jockeying for its use.

This is a load of bullshit. Yes people will be jockeying for power no matter what, but the skills qualifying you to be in power (read: the preferences of the followers) have not remained consistent for even the last century. Never mind human history. The leadership tests faced by Barack Obama and Genghis Khan could not be more different. In Iceland having a woman leader is not only normal most prefer it so your line about HRC up there having to play a game are only accurate in this country. Only for today.

The United States isn't the only democracy in the world. But it is the only one where money is legally speech. It is the only democracy where huge corporate interests craft our national media to fit their narratives. And this is the only democracy that I know of where you can chastise people for wanting the system to work and mask your preference for corruption as sophistication.