Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectdamn Bankroll Fresh got murdered last night (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12982945
12982945, damn Bankroll Fresh got murdered last night (swipe)
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Sat Mar-05-16 01:23 PM
RIP

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bankroll-fresh-atlanta-rapper-dead-at-28-20160305

Trentavious White, the Atlanta rapper known as Bankroll Fresh and an associate of 2 Chainz, was shot and killed Friday night inside an Atlanta recording studio. White was 28. The Fulton County medical examiner confirmed that the "Hot Boy" rapper was shot inside the studio and later died at an Atlanta area hospital.

According to WSB-TV 2 in Atlanta, more than 50 shell casings were recovered from inside and outside Street Execs Studios, the home base for rappers like 2 Chainz, Travis Porter and others. No arrests were made in the shooting and police are still searching for a motive, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. No one else was injured in the shooting.
Sidebar
2 Chainz & Lil Wayne 'Collegrove' Album Review »

Following news of White's death, 2 Chainz took to social media to remember Bankroll Fresh, who was signed to Chainz's Street Execs label. "Man I'm a fan of Bru and always will be. I'm in shock at the moment!! Senseless deaths we just got to stop it, I'm speaking up now," Chainz wrote. Lil Wayne tweeted, "We lost a good one. Rest peacefully lil homie Bankroll u gon always be family."

In a series of Instagram photos, T.I. also paid tribute to Bankroll Fresh. "Daaaamn lil homie. U was a cold one. A solid stand-UP young'n.... Prayers to U & ya Fam lil Bro," T.I. wrote. Sometimes shit just get to moving so fast it's impossible to make sense of it all… I know death is apart of life but it seems so unfair to snatch somebody before they got to begin to reach their potential & change they life. And now it's OVER??? Can't be. We got nothing but Love,Respect,&Admiration over here fa u lil bro!"

White released his breakout 2014 mixtape Life of a Hot Boy. Life of a Hot Boy 2: Real Trapper and his self-titled mixtape Bankroll Fresh arrived in 2015, with the latter's "Take Over Your Trap" featuring an appearance by 2 Chainz. White also appeared on 2 Chainz's T.R.U. Jack City mixtape.
12982966, Never heard his music, but that sucks.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Mar-05-16 03:33 PM
I've been to that studio, and studios on that street. Sucks that you can't separate yourself from that element.
12982969, do these dudes not have locked and gated facilities?
Posted by J_Stew, Sat Mar-05-16 04:10 PM
it was probably someone he knew but just curious
12982971, Not really.
Posted by JFrost1117, Sat Mar-05-16 04:49 PM
The whole area is non-descript buildings that used to be other shit like textile industry buildings. There are gates blocking the rear of buildings, but most have parking in the front that isn't gated.

Fuck me. Lol I said all that to say, yes, it would be likely that it's someone that he knows. None of those buildings are lit up like "STUDIO HERE!!!"
12982973, man im sittn here like who in the hell dude got in the studio
Posted by mikediggz, Sat Mar-05-16 05:04 PM
with him? only ppl in my session with me or who's session im chillin at is ppl im cool with smh... damn
12983013, ^ ^ ^All dis!
Posted by NoDrawls McGraw, Sat Mar-05-16 08:32 PM
>with him? only ppl in my session with me or who's session im
>chillin at is ppl im cool with smh... damn

Nahmean. In all my years as an emcee/musician, its typically a chill
intimate gathering of Katz in the stu that, at the very least, have a
trusting rapport. Dis sit heeyeere HAD TA BE some ol'Judas type shit!

Very sad.

12983015, unless he had the $$$ to lockdown a whole studio, no reason to
Posted by c71, Sat Mar-05-16 08:49 PM
think others not-so-friendly to him could have gotten in there at the same time.

In my hometown of NYC we had the infamous Pac situation where Pac was spotted at a NYC studio with jewelry - I'm sure Pac had $$$$ yet some folks who weren't friendly to Pac saw his jewelry and the rest was history.

Then, Karren Steffens (Supahead) said Murder Inc once stabbed up 50 cent in a studio when they got to a studio and saw 50 was already there.

So, studios have never really been "exclusive to 1 crew" places unless you Dr Dre in 1997 or something.
12983031, Smells like a set up to me. Probably some type of get back.
Posted by The Wordsmith, Sat Mar-05-16 11:20 PM

Since 1976