Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectEver see some dumb comment on facebook and click a stranger's profile?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=12976343
12976343, Ever see some dumb comment on facebook and click a stranger's profile?
Posted by veritas, Fri Feb-19-16 02:07 PM
And spend a couple of minutes judging the fuck out of their dumb ass life and opinions?

You feel better or worse about the world and your place in it after?
12976358, ugh, yes. worse :/
Posted by Damali, Fri Feb-19-16 02:18 PM
i've since stopped doing that.
12976377, LMAO! I say it's for my own protection...
Posted by Marbles, Fri Feb-19-16 02:47 PM

I need to remind myself that these people are out there, roaming free.
12976386, RE: Ever see some dumb comment on facebook and click a stranger's profile?
Posted by Tiggerific, Fri Feb-19-16 02:55 PM
All the time. I swear I would shut down my FB profile if it weren't for my family and friends.
12976399, only if she looks good
Posted by legsdiamond, Fri Feb-19-16 03:14 PM
someone posted that Birdman Safe Steele FB video. A dude said some dumb shit about Birdman being black and I responded...

but I quickly deleted that shit because I don't need that shit in my life. O never jump in convos on FB.
12976406, Nah, Facebook seems like a huge tar baby
Posted by flipnile, Fri Feb-19-16 03:19 PM
I just avoid caring about or even reading shit there. It's just there as a contact book of sorts for me.
12976498, yo lol..they always some conservative nut too with no black ppl
Posted by rdhull, Fri Feb-19-16 06:11 PM
as frineds
12976504, lol, one time a guy sent me a PM that just said "81"
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Feb-19-16 06:21 PM
i suspect it was some sort of kobe bryant fanatic and i said something negative about kobe on someone's page (who, me???). I looked at his shit for fun, he was a fat ginger with a red beard, no hair and these psycho fucking eyes. on a couple of his pics his friends could not help but remark that he looked like a fucking serial killer. his FRIENDS. the weird part is that the ugliest fucks like that are always married with kids, aren't they? some women think very little of themselves.

anyway, i blocked him because fuck if i want some crazy-eyed sumbitch hunting me around the innanet or elsewhere, but i damn sure won't watch my mouth about bean.
12976550, RE: lol, one time a guy sent me a PM that just said "81"
Posted by rdhull, Fri Feb-19-16 10:50 PM
>i suspect it was some sort of kobe bryant fanatic and i said
>something negative about kobe on someone's page (who, me???).
>I looked at his shit for fun, he was a fat ginger with a red
>beard, no hair and these psycho fucking eyes. on a couple of
>his pics his friends could not help but remark that he looked
>like a fucking serial killer. his FRIENDS. the weird part is
>that the ugliest fucks like that are always married with kids,
>aren't they? some women think very little of themselves.
>
>anyway, i blocked him because fuck if i want some crazy-eyed
>sumbitch hunting me around the innanet or elsewhere, but i
>damn sure won't watch my mouth about bean.

haha..yeah ya gotta be careful..touched ppl can get unnerved with conflicting views etc
12976501, Of course, how do you think you and I became Facebook friends?
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Fri Feb-19-16 06:17 PM
Psych, but yeah I have done it and definitely done it if they replied nastily to a post I made or a response I made to them. Once I tore some #FloridaMan to shreds after he started arguing with me about a news anchor's cause of death (that part was immaterial, really).
12976514, Ever click the trending topics and just look at them?
Posted by CaptNish, Fri Feb-19-16 06:59 PM
Check for what strangers post about it? Shit is WILD
12976591, how invested ppl are with celebrities is still so wild and
Posted by astralblak, Sat Feb-20-16 11:38 AM
fascinating to me

when you click the trending topic and ppl are typing out hella words for or against the most mundane shit... i just shake my head, close my laptop and go read or turn on some music
12976521, All the fucking time
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Feb-19-16 08:07 PM
Worst was about a year or so ago this one dude i went to school with who wound up becoming a biker and of course is way far right in his views... for some reason, i clicked his homie's page which was about 10 times worse than his (and that's saying a lot) then i found myself checking dude's page every now and then to see the crazy shit he would say.

The worst was probably when something happened with immigration. it might have been when Obama signed the executive order to let the immigrant kids stay. He went on a rant about how people should shoot immigrants on site. kid's women, whoever. fuck 'em. (reaction among his friends was kind of split).

Then like 6 months or so ago he got a brain tumor his posts started becoming FUCK THIS BRAIN TUMOR! I'm gonna kick cancer's ass!

Then when checked back about a month later he was dead. And I played the world's smallest violin
12976568, Great story
Posted by kevlar skully, Sat Feb-20-16 08:54 AM
Almost disturbed by how satisfied I am with the villain dying in the end.
12976581, LoL. guess 'murica doesn't work against cancer
Posted by 2.tears.in.a.bucket, Sat Feb-20-16 09:45 AM
im going to hell

great story, tho
12976590, post of the month
Posted by astralblak, Sat Feb-20-16 11:36 AM
12976522, I also have a habit of checking pages of friend's friend's who died
Posted by Mynoriti, Fri Feb-19-16 08:11 PM
someone posts and RIP linking the person's name. I almost always click the link. if their page was public, I'm really fascinated seeing what they were posting in the days before. Especially since it's usually people who died suddenly
12976772, LOL yup
Posted by J305, Sat Feb-20-16 08:31 PM